Some moron on up on 7295 broadcasting a chant, arabic, indian language I dunno

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by K9MOG, Aug 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K9MOG

K9MOG Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmm, chkd out their web site and seems their christian programming is beamed everywhere but NA, are they trying to tell us something? http://www.knls.org/aboutus.html

2. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Speaking of Brother Stair, he's been kind of absent from the SW bands since his arrest on criminal sexual misconduct charges. I wonder what all the SW stations are going to use to fill all his airtime should he be sent up the river?

3. K9MOG

It happened so fast you can bet more than one person at WRMI is mighty po'd I bet. And of course, not a single burp about it in mainstream media. As far as his programming on the air disappearing. And very little said about the arrest on assault charges.

4. K9MOG

5850, 7570, 7730 and 11825 which heretofore always boomed into ne illinois are dead since 12/18 about. Im pretty sure Stair was paid up till at least the end of the year so maybe now WRMI has some 'free' downtime for whatever maintenance/improvement they might do.

5. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Due to legal difficulties, as of January 1st, 2018, the Overcomer Ministry will not be broadcasting on AM/FM radio and Shortwave.

Source: http://overcomerministry.org/

6. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, the last time he got busted for that he spent some time in jail, then got out and resumed broadcasting. I don't remember if they used old tapes of his shows to fill the time or not. But maybe being arrested for the same thing a second time means he might be gone from shortwave forever.

Oh, and "legal difficulties." That's an interesting way to say that he was arrested for touching young girls inappropriately.

7. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Here is coverage from the Post and Courier, which is the prime newspaper of Charleston, SC and won a Pulitzer Prize in 2015. Doesn't get much more mainstream than that.

https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_6aeb443e-da86-11e7-bf7a-2779c1133934.html

It took only seconds to find this with Google.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    KC8VWM and K9MOG like this.
  8. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think the FCC prohibits US-based shortwave broadcasters from serving the domestic audience. Interpret that ruling as you see fit :)

K9MOG likes this.
  9. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

KC8VWM and K9MOG like this.
  10. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

nope. the US government prohibits its own propagandists from targeting US citizens (that is, VOA), but they don't prohibit shortwave broadcasters from serving the domestic audience.