ad: Alphaant-1

Some moron on up on 7295 broadcasting a chant, arabic, indian language I dunno

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by K9MOG, Aug 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

The Arabic call to prayer and Holy wailing has been there for years.

Conditions are just now improving to hear it again.

Phil

K9MOG likes this.
  2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Are jammers being operated too ?

Maybe 180 deg phase poles that cancel everything.

K9MOG likes this.
  3. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like it's time for emergency eyewash!

WU8Y, W1BR and KJ4VTH like this.
  4. AC0OB

I have no idea but the irritating 7.295 crap splatters about +,- 10kHz at times and I for one wish the SWBC group would vacate 40m once and for all.

If you have good carrier power and conditions are right you can usually have a decent QSO on 7.290 or 7.285.

Phil

K9MOG likes this.
  5. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

whenever I hear this broadcast I think of my grandpa, trying to participate in the 3095 CC net, yell "that damn lady is wailing all over the band!"

KK4YPQ, K9MOG and AC0OB like this.
  6. WA3QGD

WA3QGD Ham Member QRZ Page

Well phil they have not spent hours fiddling with their audio,nor splatter 30 to 40 kc like the California guys,and once one listens long enough actually have something coherent to say,in any event much better utilization of the aether than most anything we've had to listen to this poor propagation season,am in the market for a nice WAS prayer rug

K9MOG and KC3JIN like this.
  7. AC0OB

I have no idea to which group you're referring but most of the guys I have QSOed with between 7.285 and 7.295 had very good signals with no hint of splatter.

I do think that the Arabic Algerian station has some technical issues or they don't know how to operate their equipment.

My SIL speaks five languages including Arabic, but I didn't know you spoke any of those languages the foreign broadcasters use.

Phil

WU8Y likes this.
  8. WA3QGD

WA3QGD Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope dont speak a one,has not deterred me from listening though ,some things sound the same regardless of the spoken language, Japanese radio on 75 has been rocken into west coast antennae and at eclipse time popped up to 15 db at near full obscuration then back into the aether's clenched fist of noise, just cause some of us are not talking doesn't mean we are not playing radio.

9. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

My ANTI-DX Antennas
    In Most of the world outside our little portion, amateur use of 40M is only 7000-7100 or lately, 7200, the freqs above that are part of the 41M BC band.
    Back in the late 60S the interference from European BC operators was so band that I started using NVIS antennas before any one thought it was a good thing. My 40M FW horiz loops brought in the high angle signals from local novices in the midwest better and reduced the low angle BC signals coming from EUROPE.
    I could have QSOs with US novices again at night on 40M !

K9MOG likes this.
  10. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Are they still on 7.235? I used to get on there a lot back in the day, but now since I no longer work nights that's way past my bedtime.

N6QIC likes this.