Sold! Icom 7000 with accesories

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by VE7JBT, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. VE7JBT

VE7JBT Ham Member QRZ Page

This radio is about 4 years old. When I bought it, I had planned on installing it in my vehicle, to replace the venerable Icom 706 Mk2 that I had been using up till then. Never happened - I decided to use it in the home shack, and also took it with me to operate in a portable environment, ie: when we went to the lakeside cabin we use in the summer. But I'm a fair-weather QSO type guy, so the radio only came out when the skies were blue, the temperature was warm, and the winds were fair. And I usually ran it off a Honda 2KW generator, or a long extension cord to a power plug (if I was lucky). Used it with a Buddipole dipole setup, which worked pretty well. At home, it sat on the desk, and I had an EFHW wire with a LDG tuner to make contacts.

We've since moved, and our present neighbourhood (and the home we'll probably live in for quite some time) has so much QRM, that home operation is almost impossible. I've tried a few different antennas, and if I choke the noise out, I don't hear anybody either. I have replaced the Icom 706 in my vehicle with a Kenwood TS-480HX, so I've decided to sell this Icom 7000

I'm a non-smoker. I have all the original boxes, and as I was assembling them, I realized I had never taken some of the stuff out of the plastic wrap. It has the original manual for it. I had purchased the Mobile Mount kit, which is a mounting bracket, a panel to detach and mount the front control panel remotely, the remote connector cable, and all the original screws necessary (never taken out of the bag). Comes with the Icom HM-151 backlit microphone which can be used to control a lot of the radio functions as well.

Also includes 7000 Tune Control. I had a similar item for my Icom 706, the Tune Control from BetterRF.com (they're no longer in business, so don't click the link) - it allows you to use the Tuner/Call button on the front of the rig (actually makes it a really useful button) sends out a tone to work with items like LDG tuners, etc, using RF, and not other item specific control cables.

Also comes with the highly-rated W2ENY headset and proper adaptor required for connection to the Icom 7000 control head. If you've never used a headset with your HF radio, this one will be a great introduction to that method of working the weaker signals.

Also includes the 10 foot long power cable, complete with fuses (extra ones in the box as well) and Anderson Power Poles

This radio has not been modified in any way, and is in factory original condition.

Included in asking price is shipping to anywhere in Canada or continental US. If you're from Alaska or Hawaii, and interested, let me know, and I'll see what the shipping cost is to you, before you give me an offer - I might be able to include that cost as well, but I've never shipped anything to either of those states, so don't know the cost.

I will accept only Paypal, and I will ship the most economical method for me. If you want it quicker, let me know, but it will cost you more (ie: you'll be charged the extra that it would cost me).

Price is $US 875 landed on your door (you may need to pay some taxes, etc that I'm not aware of, but that's between you and your government....).

Thanks for your interest. John - VE7JBT

Attached Files:

2. K1BOP

K1BOP Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this still available?

Scott KM4QFW

3. VE7JBT

Email has been sent - thanks

4. KD8QDL

KD8QDL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If this has not been sold, I have an interest. Thanks. Please advise. You can email me at fibes3@gmail.com

KD8QDL

Mike

5. VE7JBT

Hello all - this unit has been SOLD! Thanks to all for your interest.

K1BOP likes this.
  6. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.