ad: portazero-1

Solar Wind Pockets & Solar Orbiter Surprise | Solar Storm Forecast 02.28.2020

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Feb 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KB7TBT

KB7TBT Ham Member QRZ Page

Solar Wind Pockets & Solar Orbiter Surprise | Solar Storm Forecast 02.28.2020

K2OCA, KE0ZQT, DL5SH and 16 others like this.
  2. W5HV

W5HV Ham Member QRZ Page

More good news. Very enjoyable and educational keep up the good work De W5HV Robert

AK5B likes this.
  3. N1BED

N1BED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I love these videos. Very informative!

AK5B and K5VZD like this.
  4. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nicely done!

5. AA5H

AA5H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Come on Tamitha ... Don't you watch the local weather reports , you're missing a WHOLE lot of critical Solar Weather content needed for entertaining public consumption--- for Example:

1. Solar Wind Chill ??? Solar Wind Speed is nice, but how cold will we really feel? Do I need a windbreaker outside, or maybe something heavier and more radioactive resistant?

2. Good use of the green screen, but you need to make wide-sweeping dramatic gestures across the screen. Can you add some hand-drawn Sun-Smileys?

3. School Bus Forecast??? Do we need to send little Tommy or Tina to school with only their lunchbox, or do we add a youth-sized BNNT suit?

4. Road Conditions --- We need you on the side of the highway and using your boots to test for radioactive ice build-up on the highway surface. Include some action footage of several semi's tipped over from the Solar Wind, and interview some locals at the trailer park "Damn Solar Wind sounded just like a freight train, tore rite threw my dubble-wide".

5. You didn't mention any space meteorological equipment during your broadcast. Next time ensure you brag about the Super Doppler S5000 XLT-XR; we don't want viewers switching to Channel 5 that only has last year's 4000 LT Model.

Hope that Helps.... Remember, it's not about science, it's about entertaining content that draws page hits

Brian, W7OKC

PS -- Parody aside, these broadcasts are great, don't change a thing!

AK5B, N1BED, W2AAT and 1 other person like this.
  6. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

yep...sounds good....kinda late for the vp8pj..I heard them on 30 and 80 couple times on FT8 and never on ssb or cw. very poor conditions. 47 more days until our golf season starts.

7. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You forgot to suggest the manditory 'Yellow Slicker" and Noreaster hat.

AK5B and W2AAT like this.
  8. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

9. VA3GET

VA3GET Ham Member QRZ Page

Tamitha, I really enjoy your show. One thing that comes to mind is that if the SUN is throwing out low heat what is going to happen when it gets to a high level and starts to send out a proper amount. one of my thoughts on global warming.

10. KB4MC

KB4MC Ham Member QRZ Page

Mother Nature is SUCH a tease! Come on already!