ad: Correctmanual-1

Solar index widget

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WA3ERQ, Oct 31, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WA3ERQ

WA3ERQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought a while ago there was a way to get the solar index widget (as shown on the main QRZ page), to be displayed on your Windows desktop. Can someone tell me how to do this if it's possible?

Thanks
    Jim
    WA3ERQ

2. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. WA3ERQ

WA3ERQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Quick 2 questions, I purchased the software above for my Windows 10 desktop and installed properly. But after restarting my system, I can't find it. Also, when I do find it, does anyone know how to resize it so I can place it in the corner? Resizing the window only cuts off the edges.

Thanks again.

Jim
    WA3ERQ

5. W6IR

W6IR Ham Member QRZ Page

Towards the bottom of the page on hamqsl.com is a link to a Windows 7/Vista gadget. You can still run gadgets on Win10 by installing desktop gadget installer from here. https://www.intowindows.com/desktop-gadgets-for-windows-10/
    Just beware that when Windows does a major update (like updating to 1803) you will probably find the program uninstalled. Just reinstall and go on your merry way.

N6QIC likes this.
  6. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You can try right clicking on the widget, but i am not sure it will work for your widget.

help2.jpg
    help1.jpg

7. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you are using Windows 10, you can install '8GadgetPack' at 8gadgetpack.net - it will let you add Gadgets to your desktop.

gadget.PNG

W4RAV likes this.