Software for SSTV

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KT5WB, Jun 6, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KT5WB

KT5WB Ham Member QRZ Page

What software are operators using for SSTV these days? Is anyone active on SSTV on HF? I've looked at several articles. The ones I'm finding are many years (if not decades) out of date.

I see that eQSL eWAS has an endorsement for SSTV, and I saw the post the other day that GAPA also has an SSTV endorsement. A good three quarters of my operating is digital modes (PSK / FT8). I'd like to try some SSTV, but having a hard time finding any "recent" how to guides.

KB5AKO likes this.
  2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Use MMSSTV have been using it for years and works just fine. Put it in your search engine there are at least a couple of sites where you can download the software.

K9ASE likes this.
  3. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

K3XR likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Another vote for MMSTV - free, easy, and have been using it for many years. Mostly just "receive" - I rarely transmit. I just like to plonk the software on 14.232 while I do other stuff, then come back to see what cool pictures were decoded.

First time I ever saw SSTV was on a Robot 400 system about 1975 owned by my radio Mentor W7UD - fully analog decode onto a phosphor screen.

Dave
    W7UUU

K9ASE and VE3CGA like this.
  5. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Hope that was a typo...14.230 for analog SSTV.

6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

7. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

well if you see me on send a pic. I've seen the robot system with the long phosphor decay
    SSTV seems to be making a resurgance since the bands are a little less dx'y

I would have liked to have stirred some activity on 2M locally but there is no interest

8. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

There used to be several nice programs for SSTV. I've been away from it for quite some time so don't remember them all. MMSSTV is a nice one, I'll certainly agree with that. There were a few "not free" programs that were the leading edge at that time too. That dealt mainly in the saving and storing of pictures, also manipulating them (putting in call signs, text, etc,). I've seen a lot of SSTV on HF, almost never on VHF/UHF. Oh well...

9. W5EDF

W5EDF Ham Member QRZ Page

I never hear anything on the freqs for SSTV.

10. KF5RRF

KF5RRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

@KT5WB

I run primarily Linux, so I use QSSTV on that platform. When running Windows, MMSSTV.