Softrock, Multipsk and loop.dll

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by AG3Y, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AG3Y

AG3Y Guest

I have a softrock SDR that I threw together, and it works very nicely. I was hoping to be able to use it with some of the soundcard programs. But as it stands, the one soundcard in my computer is employed full time to drive the SDR program. My understanding is that loop.dll will allow you to couple the output of one soundcard into a 2nd program, such as MultiPSK. I have been trying to run these two programs together, but only get feedback delayed by the latency factor of the computer. It sounds a lot like a long-delayed echo!

Am I reading the documentation wrong? Is there a way to take the output of the SDR and feed it to MultiPSK using one soundcard ? The documentation would indicate that it is possible.

Any ideas or suggestions ?

73, Jim

2. AG3Y

AG3Y Guest

I have made no progress on this. I just didn't want it to fall off the 1st page. No one ever tried this ?

3. K3WRV

K3WRV Guest

Jim-

Which one of the SDR programs are you trying to do this with? Is the problem specific to MultiPSK or does it give you grief in MMSSTV and Digipan as well? Do you get the same problem if you're just runing the DSP part of the SDR program? If so, I can try to get it working here. But my softrock is unbuilt due to Surface Mount issues.

Com on guys- I don't know the answer to Jim's problem, but I'm sure several of you have made the darned thing (loop.dll) work. If so, please enlighten the rest of us how you did it!

de Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.