ad: CQMM-1

So you want to become a Ham?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N6AJR, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. N6AJR

N6AJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Once again I appreciate al the comments.. Fell free to pass the orignal article on to use in the local paper or your ham club paper or where ever you want to.. you have my permission and thanks this is a great hobby that can save lives tom N6AJR

2. N9TTX

N9TTX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you and I will pass on the article and have a copy of it at my Field day site for those that may want something to look at.

As far as the rest of the various post STILL go, does the arguing about this and that have anything to do with the original post? No. give it up and start a thread dedicated to the arguing and opinions. This thread was started (in the way I read it) to help someone get an idea of how to become a ham, and some of the stuff one can do....not to discuss the finer points of this and that. Nuff said.

Dave........N9TTX

3. NQ4S

NQ4S Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KC8RXI @ June 06 2002,19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm a new ham, and I havn't taken my code yet. I'm still a technician, but don't bash the code. What fun is being ham if its so easy to be one?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I wouldn't call the Extra exam easy.  Those 50 questions require a lot of theory and understanding.  The Tech exam shows you what radio is.  The General exam shows you will not make a fool of yourself to the rest of the world.  The Extra exam shows you know how all of this works.

-- NQ4S

4. KF4DRB

KF4DRB Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent post. I have been having difficulties with the code (having to translate it in my head), but you have given me other options to try.

Thanks!

5. K8CPA

K8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MattBeers @ June 02 2002,12:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (k8cpa @ June 03 2002,08[​IMG])</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DocRF @ June 01 2002,12:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">God Bless, Charles,

Doc[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    This guy sounds like some homosexual Christian Nazi wierdo...

Get  ur nose out of the bible and wake up and smell the coffee.

<!--emo&[​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Funny Charles, that's how people refer to you.  I'd bet his "God Bless" comment was intended to suggest that, despite your claims of being Christian, you often don't behave that way....!  An awful lot of us have seen your newsgroup postings.  Yechhh![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Mattbeers,

Being you ain't got the BALLS to post with your REAL callsign, I'll take your comment for what thier worth, which ain't ####....

have a day....Loser...

-K8CPA

A Real Radio Amateur [​IMG]  [​IMG]

6. N6AJR

N6AJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Gang, I posted a New article dealing with the Code - no Code situation here on the Q so please do the Know code or No code flaming there, this one is about resources for folks who want to be come hams to get an idea of where to go from here...73 tom N6AJR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.