So Where Is the FTDX-101D??

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA4DPO, Jan 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC2FQ

KC2FQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope the Facebook message from Gigaparts was wrong, I really do, but again, Gigaparts posted that Yaesu has set the MSRP of both radios: The D model for $5000 and the MP model for $6500. The $3000 to $4000 guesses are old and now unfortunately way off.

2. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good luck with those prices!

3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

MY radio becomes "old" when it no longer works and can not be repaired. NOT by the manufacturer, (who make $$$ on sale of a "NEW" radio and frequently discontinue models) but by the independent repair shops. Some model radios go out of production after only five or ten years. Does THAT make them old?

NL7W and KA4DPO like this.
  4. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I remember when the FTdx-5000MP came out, it was just over five thousand dollars. This is supposed to be the latest high end state of the art radio from Yaesu and assuming it is better than the FT-5000 then five grand would be a reasonable price. High end radios are not cheap.

5. KC2FQ

KC2FQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah but in the pictures it kinda LOOKS like the 3000 model. The 5000 LOOKS like a $5000 radio! LOL! Anyway, the MP model is said to have an MSRP of $6500, not $5000. The $5000 is for the 100 watt D model. The 200 watt MP model again (and again) will be $6500 according to the Gigaparts Facebook post. With the 7610 out there for under $3000, Yaesu is going to have a VERY hard time getting even $4000 for the D model.

KN4RA, WZ4I, KA4DPO and 1 other person like this.
  6. KI5X

KI5X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is correct, straight from the horse's mouth (John Kruk, National Sales Manager for Yaesu USA). John STRESSES that these are MSRP prices - and acknowledges that NO radio has ever been sold for MSRP. Wholesale to dealer pricing and thus, dealer pricing, has not yet been set and will not until FCC Part acceptance has been completed.

7. KV5J

KV5J Ham Member QRZ Page

8. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

9. WD8T

WD8T Subscriber QRZ Page

A K6620681X50 scanning receiver?

10. KV5J

KV5J Ham Member QRZ Page

It's the FCC class. FCC Identifier is K6620681X50 for the FTdx-101D. Look it up.

WD8T likes this.