So Where Is the FTDX-101D??

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA4DPO, Jan 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The much anticipated FT-101D is nowhere to be found. I have been looking for it, it was supposed to be released in September of 2018 but no dice.

I did see a block diagram and it looks like an interesting design, similar in some ways to the TS-890, i.e. a hybrid analog/SDR design. My guess is that, if it ever does materialize, it will be a pretty decent radio. Unfortunately, Yaesu has not published any specs on it that I can find.

So does anyone know approximately when this rig might hit the street?

2. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

NL7W and KA4DPO like this.
  3. KA4DPO

Thank you. That was interesting but still no specs. He also kind of hesitated about the receiver, then just said "it sounds nice".

NL7W likes this.
  4. WD8T

WD8T Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually he said it has a "really, really beautiful sound".

NL7W and KA4DPO like this.
  5. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Vapor ware,............ask again next year

6. M0DPX

M0DPX Ham Member QRZ Page

Typical of martin lynch to not mention a price ! there is no way they have the radio in store for people to PLAY with, and they are not saying how much it will cost when on sale.:p

KA4DPO likes this.
  7. KA4DPO

I stand corrected but my 40+ year old R4B has a really, really beautiful sound too. That video didn't tell me anything about the FT-101D's ability to hear and separate weak signals in the presence of strong ones. I would really like to see some published specs.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    ND6M likes this.
  8. KK4CUL

KK4CUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It is a beautiful radio. I wonder if it will be extremely menu driven like the FT-450/FT-950, FT-817/857/897, FT-891?

9. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Who will buy now 5000 and 9000?

10. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is it only Yaesu radios that are menu driven? I haven't found a radio that isn't extremely menu driven, including the K2 that I built myself. Is that really a fair criticism?

KA8UGB, KA4DPO and AC9SF like this.