ad: KF7PMW-1

So Whats New in Dayton

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN4CQB, May 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KN4CQB

KN4CQB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am not attending this year but let's hear from those who are. What is new and cool? What trends are you seeing?

KM4RFI likes this.
  2. N5RFX

N5RFX Ham Member QRZ Page

I am getting ready to head out now. It rained overnight, so I'll be wearing my boots.

Attached Files:

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Meanwhile, at the Flea Market....
    mud.jpg

KG7LEA, W4KVW, K6ES and 8 others like this.
  4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Will TenTec be introducing their new rig?

KB2FCV, AG5DB and KA4DPO like this.
  5. KA2IRQ

KA2IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm gonna guess the big news so far is the Elecraft K4 series.

NL7W, WB5THT, KB2FCV and 1 other person like this.
  6. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

I didn't go this year, but out of curiosity checked the wx at Xenia. Looks like a mixed bag just like the past 2 years, with the greatest likelihood of rain hitting the wee hours Fri. morning, and partial clearing during the day. So maybe the downpours will miss both days this year, but everything will likely be wet and muddy, and for those travelling long distances for the flea market the wx, as usual, is a real crapshoot. Some chance of thunderstorms both days.

7. AC9SF

AC9SF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm here in Dayton. (Xenia). Big news is really the Elecraft K4. Took 10 minutes to get close enough to it to check it out and talk to Wayne. If I hadn't just bought a 7610 this past year, I'd definitely be interested. Will be pricey, probably pushing $5,000 or so, with the usual Elecraft discounts (none). Love Elecraft gear, having both a KX2 and KX3 but, I'll stick with my Icom for the time being.
    Some mud in the parking row entrances, but not too bad. Flea market tomorrow, weather permitting.
    Bought Bob Heil's Parametric Equalizer and chatted with him for a few minutes.

W4NNF likes this.
  8. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

Weather in Las Vegas, NV is 71 degrees F and dry right now.

KA4DPO likes this.
  9. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice..... Nothing like a good mud bath right. Best be careful though, Ron might accuse you of Xenia bashing.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    NL7W and K8AI like this.
  10. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I saw that, it looks fantastic, full up SDR and dual receivers. Looks like it might even have provisions for pre-distortion. Pricey but still a really nice looking rig.

WB5THT likes this.