So I said to myself......

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by N2SUB, Aug 31, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"Self, at what point do I stop assuming the guy stepping on my FT8 QSO is a newbie who is unfamiliar with digital modes, and start assuming the guy is just an inconsiderate jerk?".

2. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

Be careful. I posted something like that about JT65/9 a year or two ago. I thought vigilanti hams from all over were going to come get me and burn me at a stake in the middle of my radial field.:eek::D

N2SUB likes this.
  3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

When you have the urge to play music instead. ;)

N2SUB likes this.
  4. WA3QGD

WA3QGD Ham Member QRZ Page

and who knew,putting cameras into portable fone's that people would respect privacy or behave like well mannered people? really have no idea why folks act out nowadays,must be that microsft MSMD operation's system.

5. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

A very pertinent question indeed. I'm still, barely, giving them the benefit of the doubt. But soon, instead of getting upset, I'll just start ignoring calls, not returning, changing frequencies, or staying on frequency if I was there before, deleting the QSO from the log, etc.

It's a brave new digital world. :D

6. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Does FT8 sound like a noisy wallwart with a square wave regulator in it?

WR2E likes this.
  7. NE1U

NE1U Ham Member QRZ Page

Clearly new modes need the agility to accommodate QRM and not just QRN otherwise the digital mode is just another step of "interesting" modes.