So far, no-one has posted a fatuous ham-radio version of "The Night Before Xmas"

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K4KYV, Dec 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

Let's keep it that way!

2E0WMG, W7UUU, N1DQQ and 1 other person like this.
  2. KL7FZ

KL7FZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember some published in QST a long time ago. I am sure it has been done.
    I don't like to go into stores much around this time of the year. I have a long white/grey beard and am fairly round. I have a tendency to attract small children.
    I remember an incident in a local store when a small boy came barreling around the end of an isle and ran into me. He looked up at me. His eyes became as large as dinner plates and he screamed out at the top of his lungs "SANTA!!!!" and grabbed my legs. His mother upon hearing him scream, came flying around the corner. She grabbed him and told him I was not Santa and started pulling him away. Whereupon he tightened his hold on my legs and started screaming and crying even louder.
    Made for a real scene. Now, I like little kids and I have been offered good paying Santa jobs but I cannot handle the little darlings that much!

Up here I think we need another version of the story: "T'was the night of the big quake. And all through the house, things were shaking, and rattling, and falling off the shelves. The tree fell over, caught fire and burned half the house". I'll leave it to KL7AJ to do the honors. He lives up at North Pole.

N0NB likes this.
  3. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

;)

Send a PM to @KY5U... he will be happy to author some prose for you. :D

4. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I'm detecting some ba-humbug occurring in the forums huh? :D:p

W4NNF likes this.
  5. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Check the older threads. It’s been here before. Several times, as memory serves.

6. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Noooooo! :eek:

:p:D

KA4DPO likes this.
  7. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Ok the tree, lights and everything are up !

However, there was one minor issue that has since been addressed and resolved...

cat knock down christmas tree.jpg

8. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

...and apparently, he also stole somebody's holiday gift card...

KC8VWM likes this.
  9. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Give it time.:( It's only the First of December.:rolleyes:

And some radio stations here are already playing Xmas carols!:eek:

10. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Christmas decorations went up right after Halloween. Not at our house but in the neighborhood.