ad: elecraft

So... CQ World Wide WPX Contest SSB... How'd you all do?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KD2TUD, Mar 29, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD2TUD

KD2TUD Ham Member QRZ Page

I only made 4 contacts (Pathetic, I know,) but I added another country under my belt on my quest to join the DX Century club... Panama! (I have contacted the USA, Brazil, Cuba, Spain, Italy, Slovenia, and now Panama.)

The list of contacts I made in this contest are...

N6AR
    WO4D
    3E3E
    W8MJ

2. K5UYN

K5UYN Ham Member QRZ Page

Got 41 on 100 watts and a wire on 40-15-17 meters - and checked off Hawaii and Australia! Fun weekend! 73's to ALL!

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Kudos on getting WPX stations on 17 meters.... that band wasn't part of the contest ;)

Dave
    W7UUU

K0UO and N3FAA like this.
  4. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Finally made some QSOs from my new QTH. All five of them were from different parts of the country. Bad news is no DX.

W7UUU likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I'm sure your prefix was in demand though - that's a pretty good one for WPX

Dave
    W7UUU

N3AWS likes this.
  6. W0JKT

W0JKT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Gee, I had all of 7 contacts SSB spread out between 40/20/15. I basically just looked for strong DX most of the time. 15 was a bit open to South America. Just the ultra-short contacts is a bit boring to me. I used remotes on the Oregon coast and Colorado. Did note some 17m activity but fairly week.

More interesting is trying to find stations in Toronto which I miss traveling to but since a mere General, the Canadians often are below the General band on some bands. I love netlogger that I scan the various nets looking for Toronto or Minneapolis area contacts.

7. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, had some technical difficulties here; mostly on fifteen and ten. Too bad. Fifteen was open during the day, could have made some contacts there. Still eked out ninety-five "Q's". Mostly on twenty and forty. In addition to technical problems in the shack, something in the neighborhood is making just listening extremely difficult. Loud, raspy buzzing all day long most notably on eighty but also on twenty. It's making ham radio not too much fun at times and the noise is intermittent, coming and going, but lately mostly coming...

Welcome to ham radio in the suburbs! Eventually I suppose, noise will drown out everything here. We're almost at that point now...

W4LJ, N3AWS and W7UUU like this.
  8. N3FAA

N3FAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My coax to the tri-bander I was going to use for the contest broke (in some manner TBD) on Friday evening when I fired up the radio. By the time I fixed that, Friday was pretty much a bust, aside from some small work on 40m.

Ended up with 452 contacts, 279 multipliers, 240,219 points, and 6o countries, in about 13 hours of work. I was super happy to see 10m open a few times, including a contact to New Zealand at 6600 miles off the back of the beam. 15m was open almost the entire contest during the daylight. That's quickly becoming my favorite band.

W4LJ likes this.
  9. KM6ZJK

KM6ZJK Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm new to DX contesting, but I managed a QSO to Australia from SoCal on 15m (with 100W and a vertical). It was a lot of fun! I look forward to the next contest. I was pretty impressed by the number of contacts some people accumulated.

AD7DB, N3FAA and W4LJ like this.
  10. PY2RAF

PY2RAF Ham Member QRZ Page

22 contacts here SOSB 10m

Barefoot 100w; antenna was a striped coax affixed (electrical tape) on the balcony wall lol

+1 ATNO French Guiana yay!

N3FAA, N3AWS and W4LJ like this.
  11. WA9PND

WA9PND XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I heard you (can't miss that 'FAA' call), but you were too busy and it wouldn't have been a new multiplier, so I passed on by. Just a casual contester - 150 contacts, 133 multipliers, total 40,831.

N3FAA and N3AWS like this.
  12. N3FAA

N3FAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well darn it, would have been fun to work you! But yeah...1 point. :) I don't know what the propagation gods were doing over the weekend, but Canadians, 9s and 4s were just booming in here to Southern California. You probably would have busted whatever pile-up was happening with ease.

13. KI4POT

KI4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I operated casually here and there, mainly to test the new EFHW I built and put up on Friday. I made 10 contacts without really spending much time in front of the radio, so I guess it works. :)

Chris

N3AWS likes this.
  14. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Sigh....I thought it was this coming weekend o_O
    I should've been paying attention to the calendar :rolleyes:

N3AWS likes this.
  15. K9MTQ

K9MTQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I think I ended up with 41. Before Friday I had only logged 3 contacts so it was a good weekend for me. 35 of those 41 came Sunday afternoon with my farthest being Argentina 5466mi on 10m! 10 & 15 were doing good but most of my contacts came from 40.