ad: elecraft

So ... A house fire is an interesting experience indeed

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by W2WDX, Mar 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. W2VW

W2VW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't forget to thank money launderers too John.

Glad you are making progress.

2. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow! That's interesting and glad to see you're getting the replacements you need.

I too use Paypal for most things and for the same reasons you stated above.

Pheel

3. W2WDX

W2WDX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So ... sorry for the bumping an old thread but it seemed pointless to make a new thread for the same anecdotal info.

Moving back into my house on July 30th. COVID slowed things down a bit. So now I just have to put up a fiberglass flagpole to replace the tree the town took down and get my antenna leg back up. I should be back on the air by the time the fall kicks in and the summer crashes subside. I have a ton of furniture to assemble and all that typical moving in stuff to do, so there is that ... first.

On the credit thing I mentioned earlier. Credit is a joke. It was last April when I found out I was a "credit virgin" with no history or even a FICO score, and had to start over building my credit ... just to use my cash assets. Well ... here it is late June and I now have 5 revolving cards and an AMEX Gold card. Ridiculous. My FICO score is close to 800 with a few months of history. My balances have always been zero since I pay the balances off as soon as they let me. Credit is a joke ... but at least now I have no spending limits.

W2VW likes this.
  4. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Hope you get back to normal soon! Credit is not a joke, it's an algorithm.

5. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

I would not go around saying anything on line or anyplace else about your credit or net worth or score.
    Having BAD credit and owing a lot of money is ideal for keeping scammers away, you do not want to steal someones identity who owes back taxes and child support and is bankrupt do you?
    You want to be someone who has 2 mil in the bank and has a credit score over 800.
    It helps if they are buying lots of things after a house fire...

W3MMR and AC0OB like this.
  6. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

You might want to delete or have the entire thread deleted, like NOW....

W3MMR and AC0OB like this.