Snog, marry, avoid.

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by G0TNU, Jan 14, 2022 at 2:28 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
  1. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

I prefer a double enchilada.

WC5P and SA1CKE like this.
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. G0TNU

G0TNU Ham Member QRZ Page

English translation of 'entendre'

Full verb table TRANSITIVE VERB
    1. [son, bruit, conversation] to hear
    Je vous entends très mal. I can hardly hear you.
    J’ai mal entendu. I didn’t hear. ⧫ I didn’t hear properly.

4182.jpg

I think this is as near to single entendre as i can give you! :D

Definitely put this on the avoid list!

4. KE7ZNV

KE7ZNV Ham Member QRZ Page

I go both ways....*snicker*.

USUALLY, I'm pretty specific about the things I want, and am pretty good at sticking to it to the point of passing up many other good deals while waiting for that one thing that I'm hunting for. But every now and then, I impulse like there's no tomorrow, and then wonder WTF just happened and WTF am I gonna do with all this crap??? :confused: Such as the several storage totes full of random gear that a guy got in one of the storage units he bought at auction...I drove 4 hours round trip to buy it, and gave him a few hundred bucks for it all. While it was mostly CB junk (if I ever get off my lazy butt, I can probably sell those Texas Star linears for enough to break even anyways). Also had a Siltronix 1011C that won't transmit (that I'm also sure was probably modified for 11 meters) , a functional Motorola CDR700, Icom 706MKIIG that won't turn on, and a bunch of various desk mics. A bunch of stuff that I'm likely to never do squat with, but I keep telling myself that the Icom and Siltronix are gonna be fun learning projects someday, lol.

5. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

I had t Google this one.

INFORMAL•BRITISH
    verb
    kiss and caress amorously.
    "the pair were snogging on the sofa"

noun
    an act or spell of amorous kissing and caressing."he gave her a proper snog, not just a peck"

I've spent a lot of time in the UK, and I have a lot of friends from the UK. Our common language doesn't always transfer.

About 45 years ago I was giving a training course to a number of Navy Brits. During our first day's lunch break, several came up to me and one asked me where they could find "fags". I was kind of taken aback. Then one said "you know, cigarettes".

WZ7U likes this.
  6. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Conjugate the verb snog.....
    Mike N3PM

7. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I snog
    You snog
    We all snog

8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

For snog snog?

9. G0TNU

G0TNU Ham Member QRZ Page

In a gas station in Florida my dad gave the guy too much as the bills look the same,
    He gave it back.

My dad said "I'm glad your streight!"
    I corrected it to honest !:D

Streight as a die is shortened to Streight!

10. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I go to a ham fest with a completely open mind. There isn't anything I need, but there may be something that piques my interest.

Several years ago, while wandering through a ham fest, I came across a small cardboard box (maybe 4" x 5") that was marked for $2. The guy selling it didn't know what it was. I was curious so I read the label and looked inside. What was in there was a brand new Lafayette PK-768. It was still in the sealed plastic wrapping and complete with the original documentation. The copywrite date on the documentation was 1962. For $2, I could not pass it up. This poor thing had been completely ignored for 40-50 years.

For those that don't know, a PK-768 was 4-Transistor, 2 Band AM Tuner. Lafayette released a group of similar learning kits around the same time frame. It had a Broadcast Band and a Short Wave Band. It was intended as a learning aid into transistor radios. It contained everything from the antenna terminals to the detector (a diode). All you had to do was add and audio amp. The documentation recommended the PK-544 which was another learning module.

In the end, yes it worked. It worked great and I had a lot of fun playing with it and trying different things. It didn't have a RF stage, so so I added a front end. It was AM only, but so I added a BFO for CW/SSB reception. You could also beef up the detector and maybe some noise reduction. It was a great toy, and I still have it.