ad: cq2k-1

Sneak Peak at Elecraft's New Products

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Sep 18, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

!!! I forgot the KX1 had an internal battery. Ok, that certainly evens things up a bit.

IMO, if one were going to go ultra-portable with something like an MTR, you'd probably be looking at a resonant antenna. At least that's how I'd approach it (says the guy who has a KX2 with ATU). But, back to the battery issue, that's a bigger one IMO. Even if the total volume of the radio and battery is smaller with the MTR, having to deal with another external thing and wires can be a PITA.

Getting ready to leave after another cup of coffee. :)

I'll be on SSB though. If you do get on SSB, I'll be at W4V/SH-030. :) Definitely on 40m, but following the example set by @KM1NDY, I may spend some time on the higher HF bands though. I've yet to make a contact on 12m or 10m, so maybe I'll give those a shot.

Chris

N3AWS and AJ6KZ like this.
  2. KM1NDY

KM1NDY Ham Member QRZ Page

@KI4POT
    We are doing the AT-on- the-Air event today. Not until about 1900 utc.
    If we have service, I'll look for your spots.

Mindy

AJ6KZ likes this.
  3. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

I was out for the same event and activated Blue Mtn (W4V/SH-030) from about 10:30amET to 12pmET. While not directly on the AT, it was nearby (less than 1/4 mile by foot, probably closer as the crow flies). I spent the rest of the day wandering around the woods on the AT enjoying the awesome weather. I'll put the rest of my report in the AT-On-The-Air thread so as to not pollute this one.

Chris

4. AA1OU

AA1OU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Great. Now, when will my KPA500/KAT500 combo finally ship?

AJ6KZ likes this.