Snaking someones wanted ad

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KD2DYG, Oct 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KD2DYG

KD2DYG Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok all normally I am not one to complain but I am beyond angry. If you are looking for something post your own damn wanted ad! Four times now on this site I have posted wanted ads looking for a specific piece of equipment only to have others attempt or actually succeed in buying said item out from under you. Specifically I see this more with the "premium members."

You are the lowest of the low.

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Brings to mind the old adage; "you snooze, you lose".

Understood that you are admittedly 'out of touch' for periods of time, and kudos for your relief work, but what would you expect if someone offers and you don't respond? Then someone else makes an offer? I would do the same thing, first one with money gets it. I guess I'm the lowest of low also. Oh well... good luck in the future!

KA2FIR and KD8DEY like this.
  3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Some will two or three time with QRZ and post stuff on two or three different sites.

I wonder how many give QRZ a reward for letting users post ads here ?

I don't think crying here will change much. I could be wrong.

KA2FIR likes this.
  4. KD2DYG

You gents aren't understanding me. People that troll through others wanted ads are what I am talking about. Not just mine look at others. No need for that and most are resellers. I see items posted here marked sold then poof 3-5 days later posted on facebook groups with a different callsign and higher price. It's like screw my fellow hams I'm gonna make a buck.

5. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

You must mean for sale ads not want ads, yes?
    So you are mad because people buy things before you can and then you see that same item listed elsewhere by someone else for more $$, is that correct?

Ya snooze ya lose!
    Get your head in the game or get run over!!

KA2FIR and KD8DEY like this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Your writing skills do not communicate well.

Are you saying that you see things for sale, and other people buy them before you get a chance?

That's just how "for sale" things often work - houses, cars, antiques, everything. "First come first chance"

Note that when I'm selling something, I do NOT sell to "the first one who pinged me". I sell to whomever I please, and that's my choice. When I list an item for sale, I will often wait a day or two, and pick the buyer I feel is the most likely to follow through and not be a PITA. It's my stuff, and I will pick the buyer of my choice.

Either way, "you can't always get what you want"

Dave
    W7UUU

KA2FIR, KA9JLM, KD8DEY and 1 other person like this.
  7. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Amen to that!

I have at times offered to pay the shipping when it was included in the sale price or add another $10 to secure a deal. What I do with it after I buy it is no ones business but mine. I also don't care what happens to anything I sold to someone. I got what I wanted for it even if I let it go cheap for some reason or gave it away. If they want to scratch out a few more $ for it, I don't care. Maybe they are hurting for money or making a hobby out of reselling to build a better station or pay a few bills.

KA2FIR likes this.
  8. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

But,But,...But.......
    Ymmv

WR2E likes this.
  9. KD2DYG

No. When you post a wanted ad and someone replies that they have something for sale and other people try to buy it off your wanted ad by sending the person who responds messages. I just think that is not right. If you are looking for something specific post a want add for it. DO not try to take over someone elses wanted add.

10. KD2DYG

No, please see post above. I am not commenting on free market, I am fine with that. What aggravates me is when you post a wanted ad, and it has not just happened to me I was talking in another thread with others as well, and someone else jumps in with "I will take that" or "I sent you a message sell to me instead."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.