ad: ARR

Smart Meters

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by VE3JCJ, Mar 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VE3JCJ

VE3JCJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I do know that her autistic daughter jumps when fireworks go off at an event, but fireworks don't bother our friend at all. That's just being startled. Her house like any other house is mostly likely surrounded in RF. I on the other hand have VHF, UHF and HF but don't Tx that much and obviously never when they come to visit. All they have (to the best of my knowledge) are cell phones and no complaints there.

2. N5RFX

N5RFX Ham Member QRZ Page

There are smart meters that only transmit a few times a day. What type of meter is it? A picture of the nameplate would help.

Mark N5RFX

3. VE3JCJ

VE3JCJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have no idea but they only live a few blocks from us so one would ASSUME ours is the same. I'll check ours out later and post it here

4. WL7PM

WL7PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Aluminum FOIL is inadequate shielding from mind control radiations.
    The test subject appears to have an extrmemely high sensitivity to RFI, the best defense is FERRITE shilding. Contact Amidon, or Palomar Engineers, see if they are able to fashion a FERRITE Yarmulke, I recommend MIX 75 optimized for most common mind control band: 100Kc to 10 Mc

5. AA5CT

AA5CT Ham Member QRZ Page

This one
    This one transmits more than just a few times a day - it transmits a number of times in a 5 minute period.

The 'big pulse' is the meter about 10 feet away, the smaller pulses are the neighbor's meters:

6. N5RFX

N5RFX Ham Member QRZ Page

The video was unavailable. Yes there are electric meters that transmit 5 minute intervals. We use those for Conservation Voltage Regulation (CVR). They are a small percentage of the network. For energy, 5 minutes is a bit much. You can collect 5 minute interval data, but only transmit once an hour. Usually 15 minute interval data transmitted hourly is becoming the norm. My meters transmit for 150 msec.

7. AA5CT

Check it again - it was in the process of uploading ...

Anytime I've checked my meter, it was always active, like seen in the video.

8. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here's what 900 MHz looks like in the middle of Silicon Valley. This is with an indoor antenna.

[​IMG]

9. AA5CT

Is "Peak Hold" enabled - or is this just a 1 second snapshot?

What kind of pulse responses do those big SDR spectrum displays have - can they catch a 2 or 5 millisescond RF pulse?

And then we have the WF display - what kind of pulse response does it have?

10. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No peak hold. There is some averaging going on with the panadapter, but it's a very short snapshot.

The sample rate to capture the entire band was 26 Msps, so theoretically the waterfall pulse response is 0.63 milliseconds (1/26000000 sps * 16384 fft size)