Small Speaker Recommendations for Kenwood TMV71a

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by KC2MPG, Jan 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KC2MPG

KC2MPG Ham Member QRZ Page

Running the Kenwood TMV71A in Mercedes, I have limited space for external speakers. I would like the dual speakers so I can run both bands simultaneously. Can anyone recommend something small? Thanks!

2. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Used Motorola mobile speakers. You can pick them up at hamfests or eBay for between $5-$30. You can find them in the earlier square style or later rounded corner style. Both are excellent communications speakers, that are nearly indestructible. I use them in the car and in the shack. You can put a label with your callsign over the Motorola logo. Look for units with the mounting base.

Example:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. K8ATG

K8ATG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

+1 On the Motorola speakers. I use them and they are very good quality and will last a long time.

Andrew (KD8RYP)

4. MTPOCKETS

MTPOCKETS QRZ Member

BOSE headrest speakers

5. N5JWJ

N5JWJ Subscriber QRZ Page

if your space is that limited check the manual for the speaker settings. you can get both audios thru one speaker. it works great !

6. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Subscriber QRZ Page

7. KD8RBU

KD8RBU Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a tm-v71a, the speaker jack is a mono plug, is it ok to connect a speaker with a stereo tip plug? I know you shouldn't plug a mono into a radio that has a stereo plug jack, but was thinking it was fine to go stereo into the mono.

8. KR4IS

KR4IS Ham Member QRZ Page

Cb manufactor cobra makes one and has a noise blanket to turn on or off.

9. K0BG

K0BG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Find one of the old Motorola speaker housings. Buy a 4 or 5 inch woofer (depends in which Motorola housing you find) with two windings, and you're home free. One good thing about using a woofer, is the fact the highs are rolled off.

10. WA6SW

WA6SW Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the same radio and use a Kenwood KES-5. Love it, I put it under the seat. Our organization has 30 of them, NOS.

Bill WA6SW