SMA: Super Maximum Aggrevation

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KG4YUV, Aug 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KG4YUV

KG4YUV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, the connector is in two peices. I opened the rig up the other night and unscrewed the rest of the connector. Of course, the connection inside is coax partly (meaning insulation) and after that it appears to be coming loose at the base. For further details, e-mail me at kg4yuv@qsl.net

2. KE4PJW

KE4PJW Ham Member QRZ Page

You should be able to get an exact replacement from Kenwood parts. They have a website, I have ordered from them before.

My TH-F6a has an SMA connector and has not given me any problems in the two years that I have had it. One thing that is a sure fire way to cause problems with antenna connectors on HTs is by handleling the radio by the antenna. You can do it sometimes without even thinking about it.

You would not believe how many antennas and BNC connectors I have replaced on HT-90s because people would handle them by the antenna.

3. KG4YUV

KG4YUV Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ke4pjw @ Aug. 31 2003,20:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You should be able to get an exact replacement from Kenwood parts. They have a website, I have ordered from them before.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Could you post this site if you have it? Thanks

KG4YUV,
    Patrick Wilson

4. KE4PJW

KE4PJW Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KG4YUV @ Aug. 31 2003,08:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could you post this site if you have it? Thanks

KG4YUV,
    Patrick Wilson[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    kenwoodparts.com

I think the part number you are looking for is E04-0420-05

If you had used Google and typed in &quot;kenwood parts&quot;, it's the first link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.