ad: vanity

Slowly losing my mind

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by KE0IOU, Feb 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KE0IOU

KE0IOU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I recently upgraded to Mojave on my MacBook Pro (mid 2012), I have a 857D and use MacLoggerDX. Since the upgrade I am unable to MLDX to control the radio. I know it is a driver problem but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I have tried other forums and although I have been given what seems to be good information, nothing works. I feel it is probably something simple but I need help.

When I go to system report under USB it does show it is connected. The problem comes in with the drivers. I am able to download the D2XX driver but cannot get it to load when I look under Extensions. The VCP driver will download and shows it is loaded but it will not work. When I look at the port in MLDX all I have is Bluetooth.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

David
    KEƘIOU

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Did you go to the Security and Privacy Pane and allow the extension to load under the general tab? The extension won't load until you specifically authorize it.

Did you have the USB cable physically disconnected from the Mac while installing the drivers? Failure to do so will prevent the updated driver from successfully installing.

The best advice I have would be to make sure you have the USB cable physically disconnected from the Mac (not just with the rig off), run whatever "uninstall" application is required for your cable. Reboot. Rerun the installation routine. Reboot. Only then reconnect the USB cable to the rig and then check the Security and Privacy Pane.

ZL1ON and N0TZU like this.
  3. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Also, just a shot in the dark (since I'm not familiar with the software), do you need to go into Accessibility to enable its drivers?

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 10.03.56 PM.png