ad: Stlouis-1

Slo Scan TV

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KC1NBD, Jun 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KC1NBD

KC1NBD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just picked up what seems to be a complete slo scan system with a Venus ss2, sstv monitor model 70,
    Robot research Model 61, Robot research 80A camera, stand for camera and a bunch of accessories.

Al though I have all the manuals I am having trouble finding out what this might be worth together or in separate pieces. It all looks very nice and probably works.

Any Ideas??

Hope I posted in the correct thread.

KC1NBD

2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Back in the 70's and 80's used the Robot (brand) SSTV gear lately when working SSTV use a computer program MMSSTV which is a free download and works great . It would be difficult to place a value on the older gear.

3. KC1NBD

KC1NBD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you.

4. HS0ZED

HS0ZED Ham Member QRZ Page

That stuff will do 8 second black and white only and I think it’s almost as common these days,well I can’t think of anything right now that’s probably less used.

That said I have an Alinco scan converter, keyboard and old cctv b/w monitors, no camera but could probably arrange someything. Might be fun to try vintage SSTV sometime. Running on the S-Line for proper nostalgia.

Cheers
    Martin

5. WB1CEA

WB1CEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings. I have a Venus SS2 monitor that I bought at a hamfest probably about 30 years ago. I know it's useless when compared to doing SSTV with a computer, but I always thought these old P7 monitors were cool. In fact - I built one on a plywood breadboard in 1980 as a school project using a surplus P7 CRT. I got an "A".

I have some old SSTV audio tapes from JPL around about the time voyager was sending back pictures from Saturn.

I'm having trouble parting with the Venus monitor, but would like to find a home for it at a radio museum or to someone who would appreciate it.

...Dave