Sked needed: CT, DE, KY, ME, ND, RI, VT, WY & JX6, JX0

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by K3RW, Oct 28, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, sounds like a lot here, but I would have basically been done if people would QSL on eQSL and LoTW (ideally both). I'm close to WAS but not getting LOTW/eQSLs for these--if anything, for one and not the other. Often neither (!!).

On eQSL I just need a Japan 6 and Japan 0 prefix. I've worked both several times--and neither did eQSL. So, I need 2 that do.

I can work all bands/all modes, and I'm running a noisy end-fed random wire, and a 80-10 trap dipole.

I can use Fldigi to do CW, but I've struggled to learn it and am not proficient at all. I typically run RTTY, CW (on Fldigi), or any of the digital modes.

I'd really appreciate the help. I'm looking to upgrade the antennas to see if that will pull in anything better. I'll be happy to send a real QSL card to you.

2. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

I can help with DE on eQSL and a physical card. I don't do LoTW.

SSB, RTTY, JT65, and JT9. Take your pick.

3. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

That works great! LoTW isn't necessary if you get a 'real QSL card', so that works for both.

Anymore I'm finding JT9 gets through the noise better. 20/40 sometimes 80 and the WARC ones seem to do well to the east coast from here.

I'm up for it anytime.

4. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll be monitoring 40m JT9 after 02:00z (10pm here on the East Coast). Maybe I'll see you there?

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

KJ3N was my "holdout state" for several awards - good guy in that department and he's always very gracious to hand out DE to someone in need - very cool ... but... just don't EVER EVER EVER ask for a CW confirmation....

'cuz Jim don't beep!

:rolleyes::p

Dave
    W7UU

6. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks. I'll start blasting away and see what happens. I notice JT9 seems to get through the noise better. Not sure how late you stay up but it does get better here later at night, though the wx isn't happy today. Don't stay up late on my accord though! If no luck, PM me your usual schedule and I'll go wherever its convenient for you. Daytime is pretty good on 17, 12, 10, and 20 here, but I have no preference on anything.

Yup, I'm not a beeper either. I use Fldigi to send/read it (cheating?).

7. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Does QRZ have a 'chat feature'? It says 'online now' but I don't know if it does. eQSL does but I've never had any luck with it.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yes - just send a Personal Message. Not "real time chat" but more like email. Click on the user's callsign under their Avatar, then click "Start a Conversation" - that will send them a personal message

Dave
    W7UUU

9. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks!

10. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

I've called a few times. Not seeing anything.