SKCC "Etiquette"

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KO4LZ, Nov 12, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K5TSK

K5TSK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I've only been active on SKCC a little over 18 months, even though I obtained a number back in late 2015. Early last year I decided to get off the Bencher and try something new. Now after re-licensing in Nov 2015, my log shows my first 30 contacts were all CW and done on a Bencher standard iambic. Bought a Vibroplex SK and started re learning SK sending, then I remembered SKCC and got busy. Knowing the ops were into teaching and being lenient with new learners, I felt comfortable doing the brief SKCC exchange until I got things settled. Then I bought a VB original and again since I had never sent on a bug and to boot, I was trying to learn to do so left handed, again SKCC. Later I got a new Vizkey vertical from Curt and again a brief learning process getting the feel of that wonderful machine. The pattern holds, SKCC brief exchanges until I'm comfortable, then either short exchanges, long exchanges, or no exchanges. I'm eternally grateful for the tolerance and good will I've seen from SKCC ops, NTS ops, CW ops in general. My last QSO this morning was on a SK with a guy up north and we both made mistakes and it was OK. Never asked for a number or received one, but next time I might offer mine. Hope he doesn't get offended. Meanwhile, thanks guys. Right now I'm trying to get comfortable typing what I receive on CW. Don't type well, so I may be a little slow getting from the keyboard to a key. Pretty sure the guys I've been doing CW with will take it in stride. 73 all.

WN1MB and KE4OH like this.
  2. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Jim! I have you in my log book 7 times. All CW. I'll take whatever you dish out in stride!

73 de Steve KE4OH
    SKCC 13651S

dit dit!

WN1MB likes this.
  3. K5TSK

K5TSK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Howdy Steve. You guys have been a big help!!!! Thanks a million.
    Jim