SKCC Centurion

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by AA4OO, Dec 9, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. WA7DU

WA7DU Ham Member QRZ Page

If I wanted to earn the coveted WAK*** award before I leave this world, and enter the next, where would I find a listing of qualifying entities ?

*** Worked All Kingdoms

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I hear folks calling CQ SKCC all the time (every day), so obviously the membership is pretty large.

I don't answer any of them, since I'm not in SKCC and don't want to disappoint anybody. As such, there are a whole lot of CQs I don't answer.:)

3. K8PG

K8PG Subscriber QRZ Page

.....KB4MNG..... Brian their are many SKCC Awards, you can have a lot of fun
    meet many fine operators and have many long QSOs if you wish,I just like to
    marathon chat. I do not chase many awards,this group of oprs and a few of their
    awards are an exception. Great group of people.Good Luck

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  4. AA4OO

AA4OO Ham Member QRZ Page

Haha. I'm not worthy to be part of that excellent group but they have accepted me nonetheless. Although I have a new call now and it's confusing a good many previous contact who haven't updated their membership database yet.
    SKCC 14276T

And with regards to total membership I worked a station with a member number over 15,000 today so they are growing pretty fast. Nice to hear so many manual keys operators out there. It's one of the few times I don't feel bad about using my Bug :)

Rich, AA4OO (until very recently... N4PBQ)
    http://hamradioqrp.com

5. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

Non-SKCC members are more than welcome to answer a CQ SKCC. We don't mind! But don't be surprised if the QSO gets around to the member inviting the non-member to check out the web site.

73 de Steve KE4OH SKCC# 13651T

6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Understood.

I've been using CW since 1965 and >50% of all contacts I've ever made were CW. I use it nearly every day.

But I won't answer "directed" CQs that aren't directed to me.:) It would be like answering a "CQ Arkansas" while I'm in California. Just doesn't follow the etiquette.

So, when I hear "CQ SKCC" that leaves me out, since I'm not a member. Could have joined one day after they started up, but I don't join stuff just to be a member.:rolleyes:

Enjoy!

7. AA4OO

AA4OO Ham Member QRZ Page

I rarely call CQ SKCC. I just call CQ and if the station that answers sounds like they are using a manual key I'll send my skcc member number. Seems like most times if they are using a manual key they have a number, if not no problem, I just like to chat and get to know a little about them.

8. K8PRG

K8PRG Ham Member QRZ Page

I got from C to T in about a month...that was in large part due to the K3Y month of Jan....It's probably gonna take about a year to get to S, but that's fine with me. I'm not overly concerned with it...I figure I'll just have fun making all the contacts and if a new number comes along it's a big fat bonus.:)