SKCC Centurion

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by AA4OO, Dec 9, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Whats the best way to get a contact? Call on a particular frequency? I have a skcc # but never pursued any rank, this post has my interest. Is there a skcc was?

2. KD1W

KD1W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hang around these frequencies and call "CQ SKCC". That should do the trick!

skcc freqs.png

K6FNI likes this.
  3. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

A very efficient way to get the centurion is the WES. Last weekend's WES was my first one, it was a lot of fun and conditions on 15 and 20 were nice. In this WES contacts with SKCC newbies (like me) gave bonus points, which certainly helped. I scored more than 100 contacts, and with my other SKCC contacts, it was sufficient for the centurion.

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

384 checking in.
    10-10 #34364

5. K6FNI

K6FNI Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations.

6. K8PRG

K8PRG Ham Member QRZ Page

There's a sked/chat page: http://www.obriensweb.com/sked/index.php?board=skcc
    Register for it...post that you're a newbie and you'll create a mini-pileup to get to your "new number"
    Others post at which freq they are CQing on.

7. WA7DU

WA7DU Ham Member QRZ Page

Self Excluded ? If, as you write above, SKCC is a good group, we can infer that SKCC is both competent and well-mannered. We can also infer that, having accepted you as one of their own, you meet or exceed their membership threshold. That, then, would argue that you are competent and well-mannered, too.

But, as we have seen, you did not judge yourself as worthy of inclusion ("self excluded"). That demonstrates a level of fallibility on your part. So, we arrive here--just as when we began, not quite knowing if you are good enough to be a member of SKCC. They say yes, you demur. Where is the truth ? Some where, out there...yet to be found.

8. K8PRG

K8PRG Ham Member QRZ Page

He just wants to be a good OP man...not a Buddist Monk.....

9. WA7DU

WA7DU Ham Member QRZ Page

Are the two mutually exclusive ?

10. M0LEP

M0LEP Ham Member QRZ Page

I suspect it's a simple matter of self-exclusion through not wanting to use any of the types of key SKCC is set up to promote.