SKCC Centurion

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by AA4OO, Dec 9, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N7ZAL

N7ZAL Ham Member QRZ Page

They sure are growing and my number is 6828...dang, I should of had it printed on my new QSL cards. :(

2. K5TRI

K5TRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats on the C ... now get back to work to get the T in the bag :) This weekend should make that easy.

73 Mike K5TRI
    SKCC# 9409T

3. AA4OO

AA4OO Ham Member QRZ Page

Most of the stations I got during the sprint yesterday were Ts and Ss. Very few Cs. My understanding is I need 50 new Cs

4. K5TRI

Not quite correct. You need 50 new (meaning from the day of your Centurion award) C, T, or S SKCC members. So if you worked 50 new stations you haven't
    worked before who were either C or higher, these count. A Tribune has been a Centurion before, a Senator has been a Tribune and a Centurion before.
    From C to T is fairly easy, the hard work comes from T to S :).

Below are the rules from the SKCC website (http://www.skccgroup.com/operating_awards/tribune)

1. Tribune is achieved when a Centurion makes contact and exchanges SKCC number and name with 50 different SKCC Centurions, Tribunes, or Senators, in any combination.

Note: For brevity, throughout the rest of this page the term Centurion refers to any member who is listed on the Centurion roster - they may hold a C, a T, or an S.

2. Both members in the QSO must be SKCC Centurions at the time of the QSO.

3. Contacts must be made using a straight key, bug, or side swipper. Waivers from this policy are possible. For details, see the club's policy on approved keying devices here. Contacts may be made on any amateur band at any time, including WARC bands.

4. Only contacts made on or after 1 March 2007 count toward the SKCC Tribune Award. Neither the SKCC Club Call (K9SKC) nor any special-event call sign (such as K3Y) will be accepted for credit for contacts logged on or after 1 October 2008. However, you may use the FCC-assigned call of the station operator using either of those special call signs, provided that you have not previously used that operator on the Tribune application.

5. Any member used to achieve the Tribune Award may be used only once. If you work AC2C as a Centurion and AC2C becomes a Tribune, you cannot count AC2C again. Likewise, if AC2C later changes his call sign, he is still the same member and cannot be used again. Hint: Use SKCC numbers, as well as call signs, to verify that your application is free of duplicates.

6. Multi-Band and Single-Band Endorsements for additional sets of 50 UNIQUE Centurions are available.

5. K5TRI

6. AA4OO

AA4OO Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you. Good to know. I checked my logs and I'm only 5 short of the T based on that.

7. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Members seem to get the C and then Quickly advance to T status.
    This weekend I only worked 3 C members compared to a dozen each T and S members !
    I show another dozen members that have not gone beyond basic membership and one op with no membership worked in this weekend event !
    Due to family activities I only had 3.5 hours to operate in the Weekend Sprint :(

8. KD1W

KD1W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I made only one contact at the very beginning and then got pulled into family activities which lasted all weekend. My intent was to do a couple hours each day. Next time.....

9. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

Centurion is a nice challenge. Tribune is really easy. Senator really takes some work and time.

I suspect when the rules were stet up, there weren't many "C"s and above, so T was pretty hard to get. Now that the membership is large, getting from C to T is really easy.

But Senator is just plain hard even now. I've been working on it for months now. With this weekend's sprint, I might just have enough to take me to Tx6. Gotta be at Tx8 before you can even start working on S. It's quickly getting harder to find new OPs I haven't worked yet.

I keep it fun by continuing to add band endorsements and multi-C endorsements. I recently passed Cx5, meaning I've worked 500+ unique SKCC members. Plus, I'm two states away from SKCC WAS. Still need HI and NM!

10. K8PRG

K8PRG Ham Member QRZ Page

Another big fan of SKCC here...I believe it's made me a better op because of all the activity.

K8PG likes this.