ad: Schulman-1

SK W0AUS

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W0OLL, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W0OLL

W0OLL Ham Member QRZ Page

I Just learned of the passing of a great friend from St. Paul, MN <W0AUS> "Robert" was a longtime employee of Control Data. He was last associated with the Technology Exchange area making several trips to Russia. He had a brother W0BJ (Bill) a telephone man of North Platte, NE and a Father-in law (Jack) Ex Station master with C&NW RR in Nebraska and Iowa- WB0SRH (SK) who were also hams.

Robert was a shopper of the "AX MAN" stores in St. Paul area. I understand both he and his wife were in a nursing home in Chicago Area.

Last time I saw him was several years ago in St. Paul. I stayed with him and Margaret while I was in the area for a track meet. We went to a Twin's game and had a great time.

He was a true ham and a great individual. I understand from QCWA President that "Robert" received a 60 something QCWA certificate shortly B4 leaving the St. Paul area and moving to Chicago area. He died of colon cancer on September 18, 2008. Happy DXing "Robert"

Ray W0OLL now living in Leesburg, Florida

73's good friend.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.