ad: elecraft

SK POSTS

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by G4OBB, Aug 7, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. G4OBB

G4OBB Ham Member QRZ Page

I am just curious, not being Churlish but is ***** a professional mourner or something....just about everyone who goes sadly SK gets a personal greeting from him....I am assuming therefore that the Zed is also available in the afterlife !!!
    Anyone else notice this? Am I being mean? It's not intended....I'd just like to know the rationale behind this..
    73 All Des G4OBB

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2020
  2. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Meh.

Umm, you could send him a PM and ask. Im pretty sure his answer would be more fruitful in gaining an answer, facts > opinion. You never know, you might make a life long friend out of it. Unless of course this post is more about slagging off someone who is not ham radioing how you think they should. In that case, carry on trolling. Here I will get the ball rolling for you by tagging him in this post.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2020
  3. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

Whoa, that's kind of harsh. Rough day at the office?

I had the same reaction to that a station who was (is) posting on every SK notice with outdated 90's Gifs and pics of religious imagery that may have not have been appropriate for the deceased. Yes, I think it's tacky and disrespectful. Why post something like that if you didn't know the deceased personally?

As to the question from G4OBB, I'm seen the same kind of postings on Vietnam war veteran memorials. There are people that will post a personal message addressed to the deceased. I don't get that either.

4. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty much par for the course for most of his posts. YMMV;)

K1OIK likes this.
  5. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Hope y'all gonna miss me when I'm gone ;)

W4IOA likes this.
  6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

And so it begins, another day of our lives
    giphy.gif

W4SEX and W4IOA like this.
  7. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Some people have a compassion gene, some don't.
    Some have a faith tradition of praying for people after they have died, most don't.

Yes, you're being churlish.

WZ7U and W4HWD like this.
  8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Churlish...very nice you qualify for the "word of the day".

Back on topic. Reviewed the forum rules and looked for specific rules for the SK forum. Don't see where any of the responses to the SK post violate any Zed rule. Don't believe any of the SK replies are meant to be disrespectful. Can see where some might not agree with the content but not agreeing and a rule violation is not always the same.

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I don't think he means it in any bad way at all. My take is he's just giving a parting sentiment to another member of the fraternity who has left us.

But I do agree with WX7P that unless you know the religious faith and practice of the deceased it's not appropriate to post religious iconography. Well wishes and "rest in peace" are one thing but posting a large garish animated GIF representing a very specific religion, even so far as having a sense of denomination, without knowing a thing about the deceased and his beliefs is just not cool.

But that person was asked to tone it down and has responded in kind.

Dave
    W7UUU

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    N2EY, KU4X and K3XR like this.
  10. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What's your rationale for creating a public thread regarding someone's choice to express sympathy?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020