Singnal on waterfall / scope that follows frequency

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD2NOM, Jan 26, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ7NZL

KJ7NZL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Any update on this issue? I'm seeing the same behavior and I've updated to the latest version of the firmware.

2. N7TAT

N7TAT Ham Member QRZ Page

I read the title and even before opening the thread though "The op must have an FTdx3000". Called it!!

Yes, my new FTdx3000 does the same thing. I found it the same way, trying to tune into that strong signal but it kept moving. The bandscope on the 3000 is nothing to write home about. If it is really important to an op, they won't be happy with this rig.

So my solution is simple. I use the bandscope only a little. I treat it as more of a novelty item rather than a core feature and prefer to just tune the band.

3. K9KQX

K9KQX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Weird problem, I apparently never noticed it when I had a 3000. But I used a sdrplay connected to the IF output to use HDSDR software for a pan adapter. I never used the pandapter in the radio. I wonder if it shows up on the IF output for others.

4. WT4W

WT4W Ham Member QRZ Page

I see something similar on my FT-920 on an external panadapter. It has absolutely zero effect on anything so I don't worry about it.

If you decide that you can't tolerate this, I'll take that FTDX-3000 off your hands for a couple hundred bucks. :D