since July 1st

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by N1VAU, Jul 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I do like the changes made to the QRZ Swapmeet forum.

Thank you Fred and the moderators for the new upgrades to QRZ.

My morning ritual used to be to grab the first cup of coffee of the day and play "report the scammer", now I have more time to talk with the family. :D

KC8VWM, W7UUU and KS4W like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Absolutely! From the perspective of a moderator battling hacked accounts and scammers, the work load has dropped to ZERO since July 1st. Not one single scam to deal with, not a single account to ban, and (hopefully) not a single dollar stolen by a scammer - at least not that we're aware of.

QRZ really truly now has the safest swapmeet on the internet. Is it perfect? Nothing ever can be. But it's better than anything else out there.

And thanks N1VAU and several others for all your diligence - especially in May and June when we were so slammed with scam ads. Your ongoing observance, "reports", emails and posts really made our work MUCH easier, and MUCH faster to lock the hacked accounts and stop the scams. Very much appreciated.

Dave
    W7UUU

NN4RH, N1VAU, NZ4X and 1 other person like this.
  3. N1VAU

Ronnie NZ4X is very good a busting scams too!

NZ4X likes this.
  4. WA7F

WA7F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Plus there seems to be fewer ads since the verification requirement. That means less temptation to buy stuff.

5. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Clayton! Having my morning coffee now. Nothing to Report! :)

KJ4VTH and N1VAU like this.
  6. N1VAU

I can only speculate those who post WTB must be getting hammered by scammers.