SimpleSSB - Scratch Built 40 Meter SSB QRP Project Update

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by KK4DAS, Sep 11, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KK4DAS

KK4DAS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Super excited to share a progress report on the Vienna Wireless Society Simple SSB project that I have posted about previously. After about 6 months 16 members of the VWS Makers group have full up 100% scratch built 40 Meter SSB receivers and 8 of the group have fully completed their 5 watt transceivers. And we are racking SSB and digital mode QSO by the hundreds including most of the US and many DX!

Check out my blog post to see not one, not two, but three 100% scratch built SSB QRP rigs in action as well as pictures of several of the finished rigs!

https://kk4das.blogspot.com/2021/09/simplessb-three-way-qso.html

By way of background, in February of this year members of the Vienna Wireless Society Maker's Group began building a 100% scratch-built SSB transceiver based on N6QW, Pete Juliano's SimpleSSB, which I completed last year. Not a bitX, but a close relative. Pete's design used only 10 transistors combined with an Arduino/SI5351 controller. I've extended to include CAT control, a Nextion touch screen, and made it a dual bander for 20 and and 40. Since completing the rig last year I've worked stations on phone and digital all over the world. This is a fun project for anyone wanting to build a transceiver from scratch.

The VWS Maker's Group SimpleSSB page has documentation on all of the modules including many pictures, videos, schematics and document fully describing the project and build.

73 and cheers,
    Dean
    KK4DAS

W4KJG, KE5UFY and W1BR like this.