ad: Alphaant-1

Simple, cheap aprs set up

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by KD8YQX, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WA8ZYT

WA8ZYT Ham Member QRZ Page

My old Icom IC2AT does not work with my TT4, for some odd reason. Checked deviation and all that with service monitor. Signal sounds different than other units on the air. Same TT4 works fine on Icom 7000. Go figure.

2. K0BG

K0BG Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd bet it is a drive issue. I have a V8, and the drive level almost can't be set too low.

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I watch my wife every night drive home from work. I can see exactly where she stops, which Tacko shop she goes into. and see her pick up the grandbaby and take him to DOWNTOWN San Diego for TAI KWON DOH.
    But if I suddenly see the car going to SE San Diego I know she has been CAR JACKED and I can call the police and tell them EXACTLY WHERE the car is within 3 feet!

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That is really strange, as I have used an Icom O2AT in a tracker and it worked just fine. Must be a mic impedance mismatch.

5. AF5JM

AF5JM Ham Member QRZ Page

Where can you find this GPS-18LVC or the version that has a DB-9 on it.

6. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

7. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

... another vote for Byonics TinyTracker. use a good magmount antenna, not some little stubby.

8. AF5JM

AF5JM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am looking for a gps to go with my TM-D700a radio.

9. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you read the description? Chinglish at it's finest. Who knows what you'll actually get. It also doesn't tell you what frequency it is set for.

"HF antenna: VHF antennas are individually matched to send plants..."

"When it power on it can be decoded to work with the standard orientation can be issued after verification of aprs data."

"* The buzzer (beep): Switch and transmitter, there beep prompt, convenient to determine the state and blind transfer machines"

10. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

Didn't bother too much with the description there, as it's pretty well supported by the amateur community already via the AP510 yahoo group. And, it's set for the standard US APRS frequency, so no worries there.

Yes, the ham who designed it is Asian, and doesn't speak English very well. So what. I'm betting your Mandarin isn't very good either, so anyone in Asia should just ignore anything you write or make I suppose.

N5OL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.