ad: wmr-1

Silicon Labs IN-7300 Driver not loading in High Sierra

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by KC8KBK, Dec 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. ZL1ON

ZL1ON Subscriber QRZ Page

If you can, yes.

2. W0MPM

W0MPM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 20.22.05.png

Well. This is not going well. Is it. I despair.

This is with a space between sudo and the period. Yes??

3. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I presume you have the uninstaller on your desktop and not 'in" the DMG, right? Try moving it to the Downloads folder (to avoid any issues with iCloud backup of the desktop) and then do the following from the terminal/command line.

cd ~/Downloads

sudo chmod +x uninstaller.sh

sudo ./uninstaller.sh

This should work, but I'm at work right now and can't confirm.

4. W0MPM

Ummm. Mucking about in the system makes me nervous! I'd like to wait till you can confirm! Thanks.

5. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I would never advise anyone to do anything that would even remotely have a chance of trashing their system. This is simply another way to make a shell script (uninstaller.sh) executable from the command line. The "chmod +x" command does that. Then, all you have to do is run it.

However, I have tested it here and it works fine this morning, although if the driver is not presently loaded into the system, which seems to be your case, then it may report the following:

(kernel) Kext com.silabs.driver.CP210xVCPDriver not found for unload request.
    Failed to unload com.silabs.driver.CP210xVCPDriver - (libkern/kext) not found.

6. K3DCW

After install, this is the window where you have to check for the authorization to run the driver extension. It is on the General tab of the Security & Privacy Pane in System Preferences. When needed, it shows a mesage on the bottom half of this screen near where it says "Allow apps downloaded from:"

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 09.32.59.png

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You are in the wrong directory.

I can see that from here.

Good Luck.

K3DCW likes this.
  8. W0MPM

Thanks to all. I'm in! I want to mull this over a bit and maybe write up some instructions that would have perhaps kept me from this mess. It's awfully easy if you are an expert to underestimate the detail required for the uninitiated to walk through this stuff.

Software is easy. Documentation is hard. Just sayin ;-)

KA9JLM likes this.
  9. K3DCW

I'm glad you got it working.

10. WU7X

WU7X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, I"m back and it is still not working. I followed the instructions for downloading the latest version of Silicon Labs driver, then followed the remaining instructions, and this is the screen I get. "command not found"

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 5.33.20 PM.png
    What should I try next? I did include my password btw. It just doesn't show up here. I'm using High Sierra V10.13.6