ad: w5yi

Silicon Labs IN-7300 Driver not loading in High Sierra

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by KC8KBK, Dec 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KC8KBK

KC8KBK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi all,

I recently purchased an IC-7300, and I'm trying to get it interface with Maclogger DX, running on High Sierra. I installed the driver (version 5.0.3) directly from the Silicon Labs site, and it shows up under software/extensions, but it always presents as "unloaded."

Had anyone had this problem before, or have any idea why the driver won't load?

Thanks very much and 73,

Scott, kc8kbk

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Go to System Preferences, to the Security settings. Unlock the settings with your password, and you'll see on the bottom of the first pane an option (near that for the Gatekeeper system) that shows that the driver was blocked from loading. Simply click allow and it will be good to go. This is new in High Sierra.

I can't recall all of the proper names for each field, and I'm not in front of my Mac right now, but I think this will get you where you need to be.

WU7X and KC8KBK like this.
  3. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup--Security & Privacy (usually on the first row of System Preferences), click the General tab, than click the button, Open Anyway.

4. KC8KBK

This is all I see when I open System Preferences/Privacy and Security. The first time I tried this I had the option to allow extensions, but neither of the previously denied options were from Silicon labs, now I get no options. Is there a step somewhere I missed??
    Any help is greatly appreciated, 73, Scott kc8kbk Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 5.15.54 PM.png

Attached Files:

5. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Not a Mac guy, but what do you see when you click the Advanced button?

KC8KBK likes this.
  6. KC8KBK

It lets you set the duration of inactivity before logging you out, requirements for the admin password, and infrared remote control on/off. Nothing about allowing .kexts

7. K3DCW

Did you have the rig unplugged from the USB cable when you installed the driver? If not, then it won't install correctly. After install, and BEFORE connecting the USB cable, do a reboot. Only then should you connect the cable to the rig.

Also, do you have the rig setup for USB control? I'm not an Icom guy so I'm not sure how that's done, but I do believe you have to configure the rig to use the USB connection for audio and control.

Lastly, have you tried any other software to see if it connects where MLDX does not? For example, Flrig or RumlogNG?

KC8KBK likes this.
  8. KC8KBK

Thanks for the help OM, this fixed it. Re-installing the driver with the radio unplugged then re-starting brought up the option to allow the software in "security" options.

TY, and 73
    -Scott, kc8kbk

K3DCW likes this.
  9. N7RJN

N7RJN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Scott,

I am experiencing this same problem with my IC-7610. Mine is shown as unloaded also. I have tried deleting the Silicon Labs drivers, rebooting, then re-installing, but still can't get the drivers to install and load properly. One thing I have noticed on the Mac OS Security & Privacy” screen, when I click Allow, the message remains. Normally when I have previously installed software the was blocked this went away after hitting allow. It doesn't go away on my Mac Mini running High Sierra for the installation of Silicon Labs drivers, so something is preventing teh install to complete.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this?

Thanks and 73,

Bob Nobis - N7RJN

10. K3DCW

Did you have the rig unplugged from the USB cable when you installed the driver? If not, then it won't install correctly. After install, and BEFORE connecting the USB cable, do a reboot. Only then should you connect the cable to the rig.