ad: ProAudio-1

Silent Key WJ6T

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KB6JFL, Nov 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB6JFL

KB6JFL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello My Dad WJ6T Passed away Wednesday Right before midnight on November 25th, As much as it hurt's I need to have him listed as a Silent Key
    WJ6T Robert F Gerner Sr

Thanks KB6JFL

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Sincere Condolences.

Robert F. Gerner, Sr, WJ6T SK

Robert Franklin Gerner
    Bakersfield, California
    April 2, 1938 - November 25, 2020
    Robert F. Gerner, Bob went home to his Heavenly Father, on November 25, 2020 at the age of 82. He was born April 2, 1938 to Rudolph (Bud) And Jenny (Marie) Gerner in Beardstown, Illinois.
    Bob married the love of his life, Annis, on February 23, 1958. Shortly after, he joined the Air National Guard. Bob worked for over 40 years in radio, first as chief engineer at several radio stations, including 13 years with WLDS/WEAI in Jacksonville, Illinois. In 1979, Bob began working for Voice of America as an electronic engineer and supervisor where he retired from in 1999. VOA took his family to residence in North Carolina, the Florida Keys, and finally California in 1984.
    Bob was an accomplished Amateur Radio Operator, having reached his Extra Class license. He was well known in the community all over the world, most recently as WJ6T. Bob also enjoyed fishing, arrow head and rock collecting, and vacations to the beach.
    Bob was preceded in death by Robert Claude (infant) and Tamara (Tammy). Bob is survived by his wife of 62 years, Annis, son Robert (Esther), daughter Sheri (Mark), and grandchildren Deidra, Kara, and Hannah, and great grandchildren Jordan and Madelyn.
    Services will be held December 9th, 2020 at Greenlawn NE, 3700 River Rd. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to St. John’s Lutheran Church, Bakersfield, CA.
    https://www.tributearchive.com/obit...d/California/Greenlawn-Funeral-Home-Southwest

3. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

ROBERT, WE ARE VERY SORRY ABOUT THE PASSING OF YOUR DAD.

WJ6T OBIT.jpg
    U.S. AIR NATIONAL GUARD.jpg
    A FINAL SALUTE NEW BACKGROUND.jpg
    A BURIAL MILITARY BURIAL NEW.jpg
    ARRL FLAG BLUE BACKGROUND.jpg
    A SILENT KEY REST IN PEACE NEW[1] BLANK.jpg
    =============================== 1 A candle_animation_1_.gif

4. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

HI BOB .WJ6T my respect fully vy73 djoaj ekrem

KB6JFL likes this.
  5. KB6JFL

Thank You Ekrem. Rob KB6JFL

6. K8AYB

K8AYB Ham Member QRZ Page

Final respects to my cousin Bobby - WJ6T. He and my Father W0QLR would ragchew face-to-face for hours on end when I was a kid and I'd be sitting right there listening and absorbing. Bob helped me study for my Novice ticket WN0AYB in 1961 when I was 9 years old and again for my General WA0AYB in 1962. He was my first contact in each occasion on 2 Meters, 6 Meters, and 20 Meters. He sent me my first QSL card. It was Bob and his wife Annis who comforted me at the funerals of my Father and my Mother. It was Bob who encouraged me to re-license as Amateur Extra Class K8AYB in 2014. In our last conversation a few weeks ago, we both new it was close to over. His last words to me were "73's. Next time we'll talk on a different band. 73 Bob SK
    Mor Cassianus Lewis - K8AYB

K2HAT and KB6JFL like this.
  7. KB6JFL

Thank You Kenny.

8. AJ4EN

AJ4EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

prayers for the family.