ad: Halibut-1

Silent Key, Jason Reilly VK7ZJA

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by M6NBP, Jan 17, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. M6NBP

M6NBP Ham Member QRZ Page

From his Wife (17th January 2023)

It is with heartfelt sadness that I inform you all that Jason passed away peacefully this morning with his mum and I by his side. I would like to thank each and every one of you for your kindness and support throughout this journey.

325462849_728639965214331_5758501300116834152_n.jpg

RIP my dear friend and you will be greatly missed.
    73 Norman M6NBP

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  2. SP4PSP

SP4PSP Ham Member QRZ Page

My condolences. We will never forget you.

Dominik SP4PSP

3. IK8JHL

IK8JHL Ham Member QRZ Page

Ci siamo conosciuti solo via mail, ma sei sempre stato gentile e collaborativo, grazie per averti conosciuto.
    Francesco IK8JHL

4. IU1MOZ

IU1MOZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your work regarding AnyTone DMR radios.
    Rest in peace, you will be forever with us ❤️

5. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Indeed! I don't usually pay much attention to the SK board, but I noticed Jason's name as I skimmed down the new posts list. I had to do a double take - I didn't know that he had been ill. I came into contact with him via our shared ownership of AnyTone radios. I had noticed that his AnyTone information site has been down recently - I hope that the content can be preserved. It was the most authoritative source on the subject and would be a fitting tribute to him...

Martin (G8FXC)

6. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

Really a very sad news ... a great of the DMR with its famous page with everything of everything on Anytone radio, a great loss for "digital" radio amateurs from all over the world, hi!

Hi Jason .... Rip!

very Sad..... de IW2BSF - Rudy

xxxxxxxxx - sk.jpg

7. M6NBP

Last month he did set up a new website, so his work would live on for a while.
    I know others have copied the websites, so we will have backups for when needed.

868/878 etc and 578s etc

Even up to the end, he was thinking of others and how to improve the radios.

Norman M6NBP

DL4AD likes this.
  8. IU1MOZ

IU1MOZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The Jason's site should have been transferred to another domain.

9. M6NBP

It was. See my post above.

10. VK3KYY

VK3KYY Ham Member QRZ Page

This is very sad news.

Jason was a amazingly talented guy and was fundandamental to the OpenGD77 project, with his analysis of the calibration data in the Radioddity GD-77, as well as helping me with various RF related questions.

He will be sorely missed.

If anyone on this thread is in touch with his family, please pass on my heartfelt condolences

I noticed that his GD-77 pages have now been put back online here

https://nq4t.com/anytone/GD-77tune.htm

and I will also put them onto the OpenGD77.com server as well as adding them to the OpenGD77 souce code files

11. K1APC

K1APC Ham Member QRZ Page

What bad news to find last night when I was considering emailing him a question. His site has been very helpful for attempting to upgrade the capabilities of my Alinco to make it comparable to the Anytone.

12. VK5FUSE

VK5FUSE Ham Member QRZ Page