Signallink USB odd audio issue

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by VK2KMI, Aug 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. VK2KMI

VK2KMI Ham Member QRZ Page

This weekend in preparation for a contest, I installed voice keyer software with the intention of saving my voice by having the voice keyer play wav files from my Windows 10 machine. The intention was that the Signallink USB would provide the interface to the radio as it does for HRD, FLDigi and many others. I tried all of the voice keyers I could find, but none of them would trigger the SignalinkUSB

DM780 triggers it just fine via the VOX setting. FlDigi does too. If I play a Youtube video, the audio will trigger the Signalink as do the system sounds if I enable them, but If I play a wav file, ma4, mp3 or any other file whether in any audio player or via the voice keyer software, I get nothing. I can play the wav files etc and hear the sound output via my speakers, but as soon as I direct the output to the Signalink, I get nothing, despite Windows system sounds and any other sounds eg a youtube video triggering the PTT. I spent all day fiddling with it an I got nowhere. I uninstalled all audio drivers and reinstalled the latest versions but no success.

Any ideas?