Show us your favorite most-honored wallpaper!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4RAV, Oct 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

WA5STI was the additional station call sign that I got for Texas back in 1967. I never forgave the FCC for missing STH by one letter!

I also held WA4MLI as an additional station license for the Atlanta, Georgia, area. I got that additional station license in late 1962 went I went off to college at Georgia Tech. When I moved to Texas after graduating, I moved the station location to my mother-in-law's house. Then, the FCC eliminated additional station licenses and said that you had to have a call from the area in which you lived. They then "awarded" me W5UOJ which had been held by at least 3-people before me. During the first round of vanity licensing I got K9STH back.

Glen, K9STH

2. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

I no longer (following a move last year) have them on my wall. But 5B WAZ, DXCC Honor Roll, and 7 B WAC would be some of them

3. KA2IRQ

KA2IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

... for you. For others it is both. For still others it is the destination. That's the beauty of it, you get to make of it what you want and no one else gets to tell you what piece of paper to hang on your wall and for what reason.

4. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not "showing off" to have it hanging on your own ham shack walls...

Plastering copies on the back of your car, posting it ad-nausea on fookbace, making business cards with the likeness, hiring a billboard or sky-writer to advertise it... THAT is "showing off".

But hanging it on your own ham shack walls is not.

5. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

You’re implying I wrote something wrong. I didn’t describe it that way. Rather, I only quoted someone else-

KA2IRQ’s words, not mine:
    “why shouldn't you be able to show it off”.

I merely asked why.

6. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

I posted early on this topic and was thinking ham radio when I did. But thinking about it there are more important things posted as "wall paper" at our place. In order of priority: Faith; Family (the picture shows most of my kids, grand kids etc at my daughter's wedding) and career in public safety. Here is that wall paper
    faith.jpg family.jpg law.jpg fire.jpg