ad: KF7PMW-1

Show us your favorite most-honored wallpaper!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4RAV, Oct 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Having dozens of them, it's a hard choice. I'll pick one that I think took the most work.
    w4ravfcccert001.PNG

VK4HAT likes this.
  2. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Ooops. I actually meant this one, my experimental license.... WF9XJM
    wf9xjm.PNG

3. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

K7MH and W4IOA like this.
  4. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Do people value the “wallpaper” more than the accomplishment of earning it?

5. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I suppose my contact with A92GR would be my coolest achievement concerning radio if we are talking about QSL cards as wallpaper. Barely above the noise, just a slight whisper on my TS 820 and a poorly installed 5btv. I heard him call CQ, he came back to me and we exchanged reports and info, talked for a minute but it was very difficult to hear and understand. But I sent him a card and he sent one back. I had only been a ham for few years and I loved attempting DX, I doubt with my set up at the time that I could have done it without a hybrid radio, YVMV.
    I'm not home at this time so no card to show, and a lotw confirmation did come 6 years later
    It's not life changing or monumental in anyway, it certainly doesn't fall into the Horace Mann definition of " be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity" but as a fun and radio accomplishment it works for me.

WZ7U likes this.
  6. KA2IRQ

KA2IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

No, but if you're proud of the accomplishment, why shouldn't you be able to show it off a little?

7. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe a better question is why do people want to “show off”?

8. KA2IRQ

KA2IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I dunno- nothing wrong with a little self-esteem. As you said, it is a valued accomplishment, no? It's hanging a certificate or something on the wall of your hamshack, not jumping up and down yelling "I JUST GOT DXCC" at your sister's wedding.

W4IOA likes this.
  9. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

I have all kinds of it. Nothing on the walls. Mostly it's all still in the big envelopes or mailing tubes.

It's the journey not the destination.

K1VSK likes this.
  10. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I think it helps people with understanding the opportunities and options we have. After all, we could bypass radio and just use a cell phone.

K3EY likes this.