ad: cq2k-1

Show some Valentine's Day ❤ Love for your favorite ham radio FOSS project

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AE0S, Jan 22, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. AE0S

AE0S XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Show some Valentine's Day Love for your favorite ham radio FOSS project by nominating it for the Amateur Radio Software Award!

Nominations for the 2023 awards must be submitted by February 14st, 2023. Please use the awards nominations form to submit your nominations. The award rules and the faq are good resources to ensure your nominations are eligible and may answer any questions you have.

The Amateur Radio Software Award is in its fourth year. Past recipients were Anthony Good (K3NG) for his Arduino CW Keyer, Jordan Sherer (KN4CRD) for JS8Call, and David Rowe (VK5DGR) for Codec 2. Checkout the Award Recipients page for more details about the past recipients.

The Amateur Radio Software Award is an annual international award for the recognition of software projects that enhance amateur radio. The award aims to promote amateur radio software development which adheres to the same spirit as amateur radio itself: innovative, free and open.

2023-arsa-nominations.png

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    VK5FUSE, N0QLR and VU3JNM like this.
  2. DL3GN

DL3GN Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to nominate HamPi. This is a very nice ISO to burn onto an SD card and then just insert into the Raspberry Pi and I have a very well configured Raspi with a lot of ham radio software (all that is available for the Raspi) already installed. So, no need to search for a software and look how to install and configure it. With HamPi, I have my Raspi ready for amateur radio use, not only at home, but also portable, with just big powerbank and my portable TRX, I can go out to nature and make radio contacts. I suppose there is a really BIG work behind of it, so it would be worth for the creator of HamPi (Dave Slotter, W3DJS) to get the award, as he has made a big gift for all radio amateurs who like to use open source OS with open source software (and open source is something typical for radio amateurs who are accustomed to get also radio schematics open source to modify them).

3. AE0S

@DL3GN, be sure to submit the nomination via the form as well otherwise we'll miss it when we go through them all. Thanks for the nomination.

4. AE0S

Only a couple days left to nominate your favorite ham radio FOSS project. Nominations are due Tuesday, Feb. 14th, 2023. https://arsaward.com/

5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing like starting a thread with an acronym that may not be familiar to all readers.
    Free and open source software (FOSS)

VE3CGA likes this.
  6. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

GNU Radio!

Gpredict

Fldigi and flrig

Hamlib