Show off time! Post some photos of your AM-centric shacks!

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N6YW, Jul 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd appreciate it if you would describe how you constructed the spring ring for your D104 head. Is that one of the original 1 inch deep heads with the tapped eyelet holes? I can't zoom in to get a close look but it seems like there are two eyelets at the top where on the later heads the connector hardware is located that seats into the desk stand. On mine, a 1937 Youngstown, the tapped holes are at roughly 2, 4, 8 and 10 o'clock with the cord exiting the back at 12 or 6 o'clock. A closeup photo of the spring ring would be great. I can't tell how it was constructed. Thanks in advance.

2. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Charles, thank you for the kind words. I'm gonna keep on keepin on as long as possible.:D Some of it I had as a youngster, but most I just wish I'd had, but its fun getting it up and running.

I lug a few of these things around pretty often, so it's not too bad and kind of keeps me in shape(?), but I do have a few that are a real challange.

3. WO4K

WO4K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Rob,

Can do .

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I will post the info as another thread on this forum.

Bud WO4K

4. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have 3-different areas for AM operation:

AM-2.JPG

My Heath "original twins" area that covers 75-meters through 2-meters.

AM-1.JPG

For 160-meters through 10-meters plus 70 cm. ATV is an AM mode and my 432 MHz i.f., a Uniden HR-2510 can run AM into the transverter!

AM-3.JPG

WRL Globe Champion 350A plus Collins 75A-2, 75A-3, and 75A-4. My Collins 75A-1 is on another portion of my main operating console.

Glen, K9STH

5. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Someone is going to need a strong back to clean your shack out when you become a SK! And a big truck ;)
    Impressive collection of heavy metal.

6. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

My shack is deranged in a U-shape so I had to take a number of different pics: AL80A and Henry 2K4.jpg The modified AL-80A and the Henry 2K-4. The shelf to the left holds all of my large homebrew parts. On top of the AL-80A is a Raytheon CB radio converted to 10 meters.
    Heathkit  Twins.jpg The modified Heatkit Twins:
    Hali S-108 Hali HT-40 Knight T-150.jpg The Halli S-108, the Halli HT-40, and the Knight T-150, all modified as well. The red table was our first dinner table for our small apartment when we were young and pennyless.:rolleyes:
    Icom-7200.jpg My only plastic radio, the Icom-7200 for 20m and above.

I am currently using two Shure 450 Series II dynamic mics until I get the D-104's wired up and connectors attached.

Pheel

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    W1TRY likes this.
  7. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

And last but not least in weight is my EF Johnson Viking-II CDC:

VIking II-CDC Front Panel.jpg

Pheel

W1TRY likes this.
  8. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

Love those Globe Champions!