Should QRZ Stop Allowing Responses to Swapmeet Ads?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by AJ4GQ, May 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave -

While I understand your position, paying by check, money order, cash, etc., is just a ripe situation for fraud. It works both ways.

2. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No they shouldn't.

Ok, hell no.

3. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think the way the QRZ swapmeet is set up is a reasonable balance of many competing interests and concerns.

No system is perfect, nor satisfy all users. That's life.

N3AB likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I agree that it certainly can. I only accept USPS Money Orders or cash when selling stuff. If buyers want to walk away, that is absolutely 100% their choice and I hold no ill-will. I'm sure some will say "USPS Money orders can be forged" (which, btw, is a serious federal felony with serious prison time - any radio buyers out there I hardly think are running printing presses to print USPS money orders to buy radios!) But that has not ever happened to me. Perhaps if it does, I'll again look at how I do things. Until then?

Selling anything anywhere anytime always involves some risk. I just no longer allow Paypal to decide the "buyer is always right" when in fact he has stolen all of the active devices in a chassis he bought, and I get to pay to ship the carcass home. Never again.

Dave
    W7UUU

W3ESE likes this.
  5. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This, so much this.

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ needs to start charging a fee for listing. Many problems solved.

The gov does this to keep you safe and secure. :rolleyes: