Should QRZ Stop Allowing Responses to Swapmeet Ads?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by AJ4GQ, May 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W3JJW

W3JJW Ham Member QRZ Page

On other forums, the sale sub-forums do allow posting as a way of protecting sellers.

There are several ways members posting in sales threads can be useful to everyone.

By posting an "I'll take it" in a sales thread as is accepted practice on these forums, you publicly commit to buying on the forum. Although this is not much of a deterrent against flaking, it does leave a trace of any flaking behind for future reference. And on a forum like this one where the vast majority are using real identities, there is a real risk to your own reputation.

Another added benefit is that it can eliminate the bad feelings of who wins on a great deal because you can just stipulate that the first "I'll take it" posted gets it. Easy peasy.

Posting questions and getting answers can also be useful for other potential buyers while helping get attention for the seller. In addition, these discussions can help moderators more quickly identify potential scammers based on poor or incomplete responses. Secondly, it directly recruits members to actively interact with sellers, again creating slightly more likelihood of a scammer being caught/noticed/smelled.

All this being said, I know (because I have posted nonsense like, "Awesome deal here folks!") there are many posts that are just unnecessary and should continue to be moderated.

KV6O and KD0CAC like this.