ad: MyersEng-1

Should QRZ allow discussion of Politics and Religon?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 28, 2008.

?

Should QRZ allow discussion of politics and religon?

Poll closed Aug 4, 2008.
  1. NO, politics and religon don't belong on QRZ.

489 vote(s)
    77.1%
  2. Yes, we should keep the forum open and active.

145 vote(s)
    22.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WR5AW

WR5AW Ham Member QRZ Page

Did I SAY I waded through the "Political Junkie"? No I did NOT. Thank you very much.

2. NF0A

NF0A Ham Member QRZ Page

Like Oil and Water...Politics/Religion cannot mix...

Nothing divides people more then Politics/Religion and the world has enough examples in war-torn nations and here in QRZ,,,...
    `Nuff said...

3. KB3CVO

KB3CVO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Normally I am all for open discussion but the political "discussions" here very quickly turn to name calling and other childishness. I feel it gives a bad impression to anyone checking out this site with an interest in radio.

4. N4SVA

N4SVA Ham Member QRZ Page

I, too, would be in favor of closing the Political Junkie forum.

Forums of that type become infested with out-of-work libatrolls that have no life other than posting flames and trolling the message boards.

5. K0WVM

K0WVM Ham Member QRZ Page

This should curb the bans of folks

There have been a lot of bannings of folks (some deserved and some not) since both topics are very touchy and can get heated. I say it needs to go because many folks (many good and some bad) have been banned. I know some of these discussions are carried over on the air, but I honestly think it has nothing to do with Amateur radio and needs to go.

6. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

looks like the majority is saying NO ditch it...

7. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Politics?

You should STOP these post as soon a OBAMA aka:OSAMA takes the towel off his head & throws it in the ring(surrenders).He is a SNAKE just waiting to BITE unsuspecting AMERICANS the FIRST chance he gets.Then his wife can for the SECOND time in her life be PROUD of her country(whatever country that is?).Maybe she will visit ALL 57 STATES with him & see if she counts like he does.hehehaha What LIBERAL MORONS they both are & so many are BLIND to the TRUTH(SAD):confused:

Clayton
    W4KVW

8. N3VMC

N3VMC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Gotta love democracy!

9. KC2ESD

KC2ESD Ham Member QRZ Page

Flush Politics down the drain

I voted NO also, this is a Ham Radio site and the PJ section is the sewer of QRZ. Ragchew should be policed more so things don't get out of hand.

Rick KC2ESD

OBTW see what I started.:D

10. WB0M

WB0M Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't use it or look at it since no one sees things the right way - my way, of course (hi). Seriously though, QRZ.com is more than just a ham radio site to many. It's a community. And the political room is just another avenue of that community. And, most importantly, if you don't like it or want to participate, don't go there. Too be honest, I've looked once and didn't valid reason to go back. It's that simple. 73, Jeff/wb0m

11. W9VER

W9VER Ham Member QRZ Page

Just closing the Politics and Religion bait forums will NOT go far enough.

ALL SIGNATURES AND AVATARS SHOULD BE ETHNIC, RELIGIOUS, and POLITICAL NEUTRAL!

I feel the moderators should be the ones that determine what is okay for your signatures and avatars.

I don't think ham radio has anything to do with bars and stars, or "Obama Osama" signatures. I'm surprised nobody has put KKK propaganda into their signatures, I see almost all sorts of things in sigs. on this site.

(and when did those get enabled anyways?)

Eliminate sigs, grossly abused. Not everyone has a fast connection.

Time to nip it in the bud.

12. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

An unsettling trend of seeing politics being discussed here is taking place too. Maybe we should ask if you could also remove "Ham Radio News"?

BTW, anybody who will miss this kind of real discussion will be more than welcome on the Island. Tropical breezes and we don't cut and run either. ;)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  13. KQ7C

KQ7C Ham Member QRZ Page

Get rid of it!

The Political Junkie section is a big waste of time.

Since you banned my husband, he's found more important things to do rather than argue with a bunch of people he doesn't agree with and read the constant links that get posted there.

I lurk around this site, because my husband spent so much time here, but I rarely post. I've gotten lots of good information from the technical side of the website, but nothing but bad vibes from Political Junkie section.

I say get rid of it, and make sure the links and political viruses don't affect your other great forums.

Sarah

14. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Just hope you're ready for the advertising hit count to drop about 60% when you do it. Course, it will mean less wear and tear on the server.

I don't really care either way. If I got sick and tired of these topics, I would just stop clicking on them, and oftentimes I skip many of them just by seeing where they are.

Removing the forum will only work if rules are added to stop such discussion, and they were enforced. Otherwise people will try it anyway. I'd rather see it stay and be relegated to a section that I can just ignore, instead of it being removed and then people posting political/religious threads under the guise of something legitimate. At least right now if I'm not in the mood for it I can just skip it by seeing its in that particular section.

If you get rid of it I won't miss it. But I think you may miss the hit count if your advertising revenue depends on it.

15. N3WVB

N3WVB Ham Member QRZ Page

No More Politics

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.