Should Overpriced Gear Be Called Out?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by N4GKS, Oct 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA3BQE

KA3BQE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

And while I'm at it. I think anyone selling HF gear should have a photo of the radio + external wattmeter into an external dummy load showing full power out on each band. I seriously find a lot of the "for sale" ads ridiculous as in many cases the gear is not powered up and only a tiny percentage show the wattage into a dummy load. I've personally dealt with blown finals and will not buy anything without knowing power out on each band into a dummy load. This should not be a difficult requirement for any ham to prove their gear works on all bands. At the time of the photo which is presumably near sale time.

2. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

Just where did you read that a 10 year old rig needs a full set of caps replaced?

KP4SX, W7UUU and KS4W like this.
  3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Most likely here on QRZ.

Posted by a person that did a shotgun repair, And replaced all of the caps, And the last cap replaced was the only bad cap, And that fixed it. :rolleyes:

Just a guess, But sounds good enough to be true. :cool:

N3AB likes this.
  4. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

You're probably right. Same guy who tells people they need to be on a frequency that ends in a 5 or a 0. o_Oo_Oo_O

5. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

Bet the rig looks great and works swell after about 100 small electrolytics on the PC boards were replaced using a 100 watt Weller soldering gun! :p:p

N1VAU likes this.