ad: BilalCo-1

Should I change my Call?? CW DX only pse

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by VK2ICJ, Jul 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. VK2ICJ

VK2ICJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Gday all

De VK2ICJ, I do CW exclusively. Very rarely do 2x2 calls get issued in NSW Australia. But there is a ballot to be drawn at the end of the month for those that put in for a 2x2 call. Currently I don't have an issue with my call per say and I just ordered 1000 more QSL cards which look great by the way. TNX UX5UO
    That said stickers work wonders. There is only 4 available in NSW for the ballot VK2OU VK2WS VK2HD VK2YG. If I go for it I can only pick one to enter the ballot. Then pay and if I'm lucky get a new call.
    I think HD and YG are not so good, at least when sending them here. OU is easy and seems fast as does WS (maybe faster) but WS ends in a di and I was of the belief that a dah is better to end on for DX chasing. Looking for advice from Old Timer CW ops on what you think for chasing DX is a good call even if it means sticking with what I have. I don't have any other options than what is listed and then it's still a ballot between however many other want the same call.

Call Sign Weight
    VK2HD 62
    VK2WS 62
    VK2OU 66
    VK2YG 70
    VK2ICJ 78

tnx es 73 de vk2icj ..

2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I’ve been operating CW exclusively for 50years and as such, I don’t think it makes much difference which you choose. The “S” has never been problematic in my experience. Having said that, I’d try for the ‘OU’ suffix which seems to ‘roll’ better.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

As a long-time CW op I'd go with 'OU' personally. I like the sound of it in CW better than the others.

Dave
    W7UUU (also picked for it's sound in Morse)

K7TRF likes this.
  4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I like 'OU'. Am I hearing an echo?

5. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Make that three for VK2OU, it sounds better in CW to me.

6. VK2ICJ

VK2ICJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok I entered the ballot for OU and paid my $60 I'll let you know how I go

73 de vk2icj . .