Shocked by recordings from this repeater

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N3FYI, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N3FYI

N3FYI Ham Member QRZ Page

I came accross a repeater site, and found nothing but profanity, vulgarism, racism, etc...

What are they doing about this, how do they get away with it without the FCC knowing?

Read and listen here >> http://www.w6nut.com/

2. N3FYI

N3FYI Ham Member QRZ Page

After reading through 2001 and 2002's letters, I see they have received warnings, but I don't see any sent to the people that are recorded on the website swearing, etc. Seems like a whole mess to me, I wonder what the current status is.

Anyone in the area of this repeater, is it still operating? Did anyone ever hear it live?

3. KB9YFI

KB9YFI Ham Member QRZ Page

Turn it off. Don't go there. Thinking about it will just give you ulsers. It's sick and Riley isn't doing squat about it constructively. I'm glad I don't live in or near the landfill of humanity they call Kalifornia.

Jim - KB9YFI

4. KD7LDH

KD7LDH QRZ Member QRZ Page

This has been known for awhile. I read about it a few months ago.

5. KG4IVT

KG4IVT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, this is old news. It's been in QST a couple of times and maybe a few other publications I get.

Heh, I actually think it is good for a laugh sometimes. I wonder what a psychiatrist would say if he/she listened to that goofy thing...... [​IMG]

6. W0BKR

W0BKR Guest

Even the 3 Stooges made more sense then those losers on there.
    Sad but unfortunately a true situation that has yet to be resolved.

Let's hope that someday soon they will address this issue and shut them all down. Sounds like a visit to Thunderdome. [​IMG]

7. K0WVM

K0WVM Ham Member QRZ Page

It was also in the W5YI newsletter for Oct '01 and from the report, it stated Riley had his guys supposedly shut this repeater down. I figure it will be a matter of time before it's off permanently.

The language is horrid, this is nothing more than CB on FM. The poorest way for a repeater to be ran.

8. K0WVM

Anyone up for flooding the FCC with complaints? Who knows, maybe it's a waste of time to do so.

9. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Flooding the FCC with complaints just might help. It hasn't been done.

Enforcement director Hollingsworth has cited the W6NUT owners/trustees with operating an automatic repeater without any control operator and various other offenses but for some reason the repeater is indeed still on the air, daily (24 hours a day) with wide coverage of the L.A. area. I wouldn't give a hoot, except it's at such a good site (which I, and about 4 million other people, can literally see by looking out the window) that this repeater is often the one and only repeater that SWL's with VHF scanners can hear if they're scanning the two meter band using a small whip antenna, and obviously it doesn't make the greatest impression.

One of the main "users" of this repeater system has been jailed repeatedly and served a few years in prison: Richard Burton, ex-WB6JAC (license revoked many years ago). I think probably the only person in the world to have been imprisoned on multiple occasions for ham radio related violations.

So, flood them and see what happens. It might help.

WB2WIK/6

10. K0WVM

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WB2WIK @ July 22 2002,15:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Flooding the FCC with complaints just might help. It hasn't been done.

Enforcement director Hollingsworth has cited the W6NUT owners/trustees with operating an automatic repeater without any control operator and various other offenses but for some reason the repeater is indeed still on the air, daily (24 hours a day) with wide coverage of the L.A. area. I wouldn't give a hoot, except it's at such a good site (which I, and about 4 million other people, can literally see by looking out the window) that this repeater is often the one and only repeater that SWL's with VHF scanners can hear if they're scanning the two meter band using a small whip antenna, and obviously it doesn't make the greatest impression.

One of the main &quot;users&quot; of this repeater system has been jailed repeatedly and served a few years in prison: Richard Burton, ex-WB6JAC (license revoked many years ago). I think probably the only person in the world to have been imprisoned on multiple occasions for ham radio related violations.

So, flood them and see what happens. It might help.

WB2WIK/6[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I say we do it then and start now. Let's put this to rest and send a message to those guys that are operating illegally, and to the repeater that when jailtime will be bad. Not to mention putting a dent in some folks pocket books.

Those guys got all kinds of money, if they live out there in LA right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.