She's home my little Bauer 707

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by KD6CXW, Sep 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think the toaster wire dummy up top will work very well on HF due to stray inductance.

2. KA4KOE

3100V on the plate sounds right. Look for thread labeled "Baurer Power" by me. One of the longest threads here. I have TONS of data. Also, check into my Amplitude Modulation (Classic) group on Facebook. All my files are uploaded on my group.

3. KA4KOE

Looks like your airflow switch between the modulator and final tubes is missing. You need one to protect the tubes.

4. KD6CXW

KD6CXW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes I need to put one back in. Did you use the original plate choke or change it ? Have not swept it yet to check for resonance Freq in the ham band.

5. KA4KOE

I changed it. I got one of the all band ones from Ameritron that they include in their amps.

6. KD6CXW

Phil, could I get a copy of the schematics showing the 1000/500 power reduction you posted on page 8 of Bauer power on. I was wondering if it had
    any other items different from the 1000/250. Thanks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  7. KA4KOE

I don't have ready access as the computer with the data had a motherboard failure. Goto my Facebook Amplitude Modulation (AM) Classic page.

8. KA4KOE

9. KA4KOE

Here are my compiled files.

Attached Files:

10. KD6CXW

please describe adding overload relay ,the Bauer has a 1 Amp fuse in the HV supply. theses are large Buss fuses and I only have one and need to find more or replace with some thing different.
    thanks